I know you’re looking for the best Clothes supplier in China.
Or, you want to learn more about China clothes market.
That’s why in today’s guide, I will explore everything about how to import clothes from China.
Whether you want to know China wholesale clothes market, clothes manufacturers in China or how to get the best prices – all information you’re looking for is right here.
Keep reading to learn more.
- Which are the Main China Wholesale Clothes Market?
- What Are the Top Websites for Wholesale Clothes from China?
- How can you Find China Wholesale Clothing Suppliers and Manufacturers?
- How do you Verify Clothes, Manufacturers and Suppliers in China?
- How much do Clothes from China Cost?
- Is Importing Clothes from China Profitable?
- How does Buying Clothes from China Online compare to Visiting China Clothes Wholesale Market?
- How do you find the Best Prices when Importing Clothes from China?
- What are the Quality and Certification Marks on Clothes from China?
- How do you check the Quality of Clothes from China?
- Which Types of Clothes can you Import from China?
- How Big is China Clothes Wholesale Market?
- How do you Find Genuine Clothes Suppliers in China?
- What Problems will you Encounter when Importing Clothes from China?
- How do you Ship Clothes from China?
- How many Duties/Taxes will you Pay to Import Clothes from China?
- Which Incoterms should you use when Importing Clothes from China?
- How will Freight Forwarder help you Import Clothes from China?
- Which Documents do you need to Import Clothes from China?
- How do you Pay Clothes Suppliers in China?
- Why do you need a Sourcing Agent to Import Clothes from China?
- Is Importing Clothes from China Good for Small Businesses?
- Do Clothes Manufacturers have Product Return Policy?
- Can you Import Designer Clothes from China?
- How do you Import Clothes on Alibaba?
- How can you Import Clothes from AliExpress?
- Which are the Main China International Fashion Fairs?
- What is the MOQ when Importing Clothes from China?
- How do you Avoid Scam when Importing Clothes from China?
- Do you need a License to Import Clothes from China?
- Why do you need Samples before Importing Clothes from China?
Which are the Main China Wholesale Clothes Market?
China wholesale markets include:
- Yaosheng Clothing Wholesale Market
- Shahe Clothing Wholesale Market in The Third Breakthrough
- Shanghai Kaixuancheng Clothing and Accessories Wholesale Market
- Xindadi Fashion Plaza
- Yuehe Shoes Wholesale Market
- Guangzhou Baima Costume Market
- Shenzhen Buji Textile Wholesale Market
- Jihong Zhanxi Wholesale Clothing Market
- Wanjia Costume Wholesale Square
- Shisanhang Wholesale City
- Dongding Clothing Wholesale Market
- Guangzhou Kyushu Fabric Market
- Jiahua Foreign Trade Clothing Market
- Liuhua Fur and Fashion Market
- Fabric Market
- Guangzhou World Trade Clothing City
- Fair Price Leather Wholesale Market
- Wufenpu Shopping District
- Hong Kong Market
- Shisanhang International Fashion City
- Hongbiantian Costume Exchange Centre
- Shoe And Bag Centre
- Seg Electronics Market
- Yulong Market
- Jardine’s Crescent Market
- Qinping Chinese Clothes Market
- Jinxiang Underwear Market
- Guangzhou Tianna International Fashion
- Zhonggang Xiangtian Leather City Two
- Baiyun World Elaborate Leather Trading and Exhibition Centre
- China Town Shopping Centre
- Guangzhou Shahe clothing market
- Hangzhou evergreen clothing wholesale market
- Hangpai Boutique Costume market
- Xinhangpai Leisure Fushicheng
Some of the leading clothes manufacturers include:
- Shandong Jining Ruyi woollen textile co. ltd
- Shandong Demian Incorporated company
- Huafang Textile Co ltd
- Jiangsu Sunshine Co Ltd
- Shijiazhuang Changshan Textile co ltd
- Weiqiao Textile Co ltd
What Are the Top Websites for Wholesale Clothes from China?
Some of the top websites where you can shop for clothes from China include:
- China brands
- Lighting TheBox/ DropIn TheBox
- Tom Top
- Global Sources
- Made in China
- Wholesale 7
- Tasha Apparel
- Yaaku Wholesale
How can you Find China Wholesale Clothing Suppliers and Manufacturers?
Types of women clothes
There are numerous clothing suppliers and manufacturers in China.
As a buyer, you have a wide selection to choose from the suppliers.
Some of the ways you can go about finding clothing supplier and manufacturers include:
- Trade fairs of the clothing manufacturers and suppliers have done various times of the year.
- Online B2B marketplace such as AliExpress, Tom Top, China Brands, among others.
- Sourcing companies, agents or buying brokers in China.
- You can also find suppliers and manufacturers on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and linked, among others.
- You can also utilize Google search, especially google maps, to locate clothing manufacturers and suppliers in China.
- Fashion exhibitions are done throughout the year. Some of the famous fashion exhibitions include;
- Intertextile Shanghai home textiles
- Global Sources fashion
- Referrals by related business partners.
- Using catalogues and coupons
How do you Verify Clothes, Manufacturers and Suppliers in China?
Some of the ways you can go about verifying clothes, manufacturers and suppliers from China Include:
Inside China clothes manufacturing factory
- Use search engines and Chinese suppliers’ directories. Some of the things you can check include:
- Returns policies
- Suppliers’ or manufacturers’ contact information
- Suppliers’ or manufacturer’s physical address
- Check B2B directories such as Alibaba, Global Sources etc. for the suppliers’ or manufacturers’ profiles.
- Use the various verification services offered by B2B platforms such as Alibaba to verify the supplier or manufacturer.
- Check suppliers’ or manufacturers’ recent activities, such as attendance of trade shows.
- Make a phone call to ensure the contacts provided by the manufacturer are genuine. Once connected to the supplier or manufacturer, ask for:
- Company registration number
- Business license number
- Ensure supplier has a landline number
- Check business licenses; lack of a business number means the supplier or manufacturer is non-existent.
- Ask for references. Some of the connections you can ask for include;
- Bank reference letters.
- Previous customers
- Other brands reference.
- Get a sample
- Check the payment method; the best way is to use your agent to link with the manufacturer or supplier. Pay cash on delivery through the agent.
- Conduct factory audits.
- Make fair use of databases such as the database of the Chinese Supreme Court. It is to ensure that the supplier or manufacturer has no pending cases with previous clients.
- Do background checks using authentication services such as GloBis or China Checkup.
- Visit the factory or company in person if you can.
How much do Clothes from China Cost?
Clothes from China range in prices depending on the quality, quantity and sizes of the clothes.
Customization and branding also affect the overall cost of the clothes.
Your MOQ, FOB Port and lead time will also determine the prices of the clothes you buy from China.
Depending on the above factors, prices may range from US$ 0.8 TO US$ 8.25/ Piece.
Is Importing Clothes from China Profitable?
Yes, importing clothes from China is profitable.
It is because of:
- Cheap labour is used in the production of clothes bringing the prices of clothes down.
- There is available skilled labour for the production of clothes.
- The Chines government supports the clothing industry in a big way.
- There is a readily capital base for production that ensures clothing prices remain low.
- There is the availability of cheap raw material for making the clothes, ensuring prices remain low.
- The supply chain ecosystem is well established, making logistics cheap and affordable.
- There is healthy competition between suppliers and manufacturers.
How does Buying Clothes from China Online compare to Visiting China Clothes Wholesale Market?
Clothes on Alibaba
Clothes in YiWu Market
Buying clothes from China online is different from visiting China in that;
- Buying online is cheaper because you save money for air tickets and other transportation costs in China plus accommodation costs.
- Visiting China is advantageous because you get to choose from a wide range of brands and different manufactures.
- If you are buying in bulk, it is recommendable to buy directly from the factory.
- You can buy directly from the manufacturer or place your orders through China’s online buying platform Alibaba.
- China has an excellent logistics infrastructure and can ship products to all corners of the world.
- It is also easy to make payment for your goods and tracking your order shipment online.
- The clothes industry in China is big and modernized, capable of meeting any MOQ from customers worldwide.
- You can visit the manufacturer and deal with them one on one, unlike online shopping.
- Online shopping is susceptible to scam, unlike going to China.
- Visiting China is advantageous because the buyer can get other items from what he needs, unlike online shopping.
How do you find the Best Prices when Importing Clothes from China?
To get the best China prices when importing clothes from China, you can use the following tactics:
- Bulk buying
- Buying directly from the manufacturer
- Market research
- Familiarize yourself with the import rules of your country to avoid incurring unnecessary costs.
- Be aware of the taxes you need to pay in China.
- Get the necessary licenses to import clothes to avoid costs as a result of fines.
- Look out for the right supplier and manufacture to save on switching costs or breach of the Contract.
- Check the minimum order quantity (MOQ) required.
- Check the shipping charges and if drop shipping is available.
- Always ask for sample pieces to avoid buying items that you cannot sell and recoup your money
- opt for an agent to guide you on the best prices around.
- Buy insurance for safety, especially in importing from China.
What are the Quality and Certification Marks on Clothes from China?
Some of the quality and certification marks on clothes from China include:
- CCC (China Compulsory Certificate)
- CE (Conformité Européenne) mostly for protective clothing
- Kite Mark
- Ral-GZ 992 certification
- China Quality Certification (CQC)
- GB 18401-2010: China’s National General Safety Technical Code for Textile Products
- GB 20400-2006: Leather and Fur – Limit of Harmful Matter
- GB 21550-2008: Restriction of Hazardous Materials in Polyvinyl Chloride Artificial Leather
- GB 28480-2012: Adornment – Provision for Limit of Baneful Elements
- GB 5296.4-2012: Instruction for the use of Products of Consumer Interest – Part 4: Textiles and Apparel
How do you check the Quality of Clothes from China?
Clothes from China come in different designs, quality, shapes and sizes.
The rate also depends on the material used in making clothes.
Some of the ways you can check the quality of clothes from China include:
a) First, you should touch and feel the quality of the material used. Make sure the material is soft to the touch and that it settles comfortably.
b) Check the colour of the clothing; it should be sharp and uniform. Check for smears.
c) If your clothing is printed or has images, the images and the prints should be of the highest resolution and sharp.
d) Check the edges, seams, buttons and sleeves for any handing or lose threads. The finishing should be of the highest standards.
e) Check that the material used is absorbent and comfortable for all weather. The clothing should allow air circulation.
f) Check for the quality marks and certifications. It should guide you in ensuring you are buying a genuine product.
Which Types of Clothes can you Import from China?
You can import any clothing you might think of from China.
Some of the clothes you can import from China including but not limited to;
- Men pants
- Ladies pants
- Men shorts
- Ladies short.
- Any type of sportswear,
- Kid’s clothes
- Fur coats
How Big is China Clothes Wholesale Market?
China’s clothes wholesale market is so big that the factories for clothes are located in different geographical areas according to the different types of clothes they produce.
You must research and have a list of the clothes manufacturers and the appropriate market before purchasing the clothes.
China wholesale markets are the biggest in the world, both in physical locations and online.
China’s textiles and clothing exports account for more than the world’s 55% total production.
It shows the size and impacts of China’s strength in clothing trade.
The Chines can be found in every sector of the clothing industry.
China deals with every process of clothe production from acquisition of raw materials to the shipment of the final product to the market.
How do you Find Genuine Clothes Suppliers in China?
Finding a supplier is the first and most important step for importing from China.
Different regions in China manufacture different clothes.
Most clothes suppliers do not have their personal sales team, and their English level is not right.
So, most Chinese suppliers will send you samples to choose from and determine the right supplier of the clothes you need.
As a trading company, you should ensure that product’s uploads are affected on the Alibaba page.
Next, put your orders to the suppliers under an international order.
As a customer, you can visit showrooms, choose the clothes you want, and then place orders.
You must note that most toy suppliers do not have good English-speaking skills; thus, you should have a translator to assist.
What Problems will you Encounter when Importing Clothes from China?
Clothes are one of China’s most important exports and imports.
Importing from China might be a hustle because you will not know how to choose clothes.
Some of the problems that you may encounter when importing clothes from China include:
China clothes market
- Compliance and safety issues: different countries require different standards for imported clothes.
- Commodity inspection required by China customs: when importing from China, you will need to do commodity inspection.
- The problem of design infringement: you may encounter design infringement where manufacturers use brand names and logos without the required authorization.
- Shipping: the most popular and economical way to import goods from China is through sea shipping.
How do you Ship Clothes from China?
Clothes that you buy from China can either be shipped through the air or as sea cargo.
Through the sea, cargo is carried by huge containers of about 20 by 40 feet.
A full cargo container holds about 2400 cubic feet.
A forty-foot box carries approximately 61000 lbs.
which is a lot of room for clothes belonging to different owners.
If you want to save costs, it is recommendable to choose bulk shipping.
If your clothes cargo is at least five pallets, it is better to transport it utilizing a full container load (FCL).
For smaller clothes cargo volumes, you should choose less than container load (L.C. L) shipping.
This method will mean that your clothes cargo will be with other kinds of shipments.
FCL vs LCL
It is essential to have your cargo insurance.
This is because many international shipping companies have limited liability insurance for any damage that your cargo may encounter.
The insurance by the carriers will cover just a small percentage of your cargo.
For insurance assistance, you may reach out to custom brokers.
Once the clothes you have imported from China reach the seaport, they might be transported to avail location near you.
The clothes are then shipped through rail or road to your final location, your final destination.
How many Duties/Taxes will you Pay to Import Clothes from China?
The taxes and import duties in China are manageable, thus encouraging people to import more from China.
VAT on imported goods in China varies from 9% to 13%.
Which Incoterms should you use when Importing Clothes from China?
Incoterms will help you get business clarity as they define who is responsible for shipping and or insurance of goods at varying times during transit.
As a buyer, you must have information on the individuals preparing:
- Internal delivery.
- Shipment documents.
- customs, etc.
Some of the incoterms that you should use when importing clothes from China include:
The incoterm in this category is EXW (Ex Works plus a named place).
In this term, the seller is not responsible for the costs, risks and obligations.
The seller’s job is all done when the goods are ready at their factory.
The seller will not be even responsible for loading the clothes into the truck you sent to pick up the goods.
Some buyers choose this incoterm to enjoy maximum control.
However, it is not advisable to use EXW due to the risks involved.
· Free on Board (FOB)
FOB will allow you and the seller to do what each of you knows best.
The seller should frequently secure more competitive pricing at origin as they know their country’s requirements and processes.
As the buyer, you have access to an extensive network of vendors as you know what is required in your country.
I highly recommend using FOB as it will result in a few chances of obtaining errors.
· Cost Insurance and Freight (CIF)
In CIF, the seller assumes the risk and is the one who is responsible for purchasing insurance for the importation of your products.
CIF can only be used for sea transport.
· Free Carrier (FCA)
FCA is a very flexible term as it allows your goods to be delivered at your seller’s premises and various points located in the seller’s country.
· Cost and Freight (CFR)
In CFR, the seller will not pay for the insurance of your products. You can only use this incoterm for only shipping by sea.
· Carried Paid To (CPT)
CPT is an incoterm that you can use for all modes of transport.
· Delivered at Terminal (DAT)
DAT suggests besides a transport terminal in your country, the place where your goods are delivered maybe your premises or a location nearby.
· Delivered Duty Paid (DDP)
In DDP, the seller assumes all of the following duties:
- The costs and risks of an operation.
- All the import procedures
- Delivery of the goods at the agreed place in your country.
· Delivered at Place (DAP)
DAP is similar to DDP only that as the buyer, you will pay for all the above responsibilities.
How will Freight Forwarder help you Import Clothes from China?
When importing from China, it is crucial to work with a freight forwarder because of the following reasons:
- Freight forwarders will help you move the shipment from China to your location in the most effective method.
- Freight forwarders will smoothen your clothes’ passage through the series of processes and regulations required by different countries.
- Freight forwarders are experts in the logistics process and will contract the airlines, shipping lines, or haulers on your behalf such as customs clearance
- Freight forwarders will ensure that your clothes shipment is insured from loss or damage as they supply insurance.
- You must use a freight forwarder as they can leverage their buying power to reduce transport costs.
- Freight forwarders will also provide you with confidence to import from new markets as they will help you ship your toys effectively.
- The use of freight forwarders will also grant you the ability to focus on your business and not on the complex transport and customs procedures.
- Depending on the freight forwarder you will be using, they can provide free warehousing and shipping container
Which Documents do you need to Import Clothes from China?
Before importing from China, there are requirements that you should follow.
Be ready with all the necessary documentation required to import clothes from China.
The documents are to be presented to the appropriate authorities when and as required.
The following are some of the essential documents used in importing clothes from China:
· Commercial Invoice
This is a note to show that the exporter has paid for the goods in transit.
It is usually required at border checks to stop flow of illegal goods.
The exporter prepares this invoice.
The commercial invoice also assists the boarder patrol in establishing the amount of tax to charge.
· Bill of Lading (B/L, BOL)
The bill of landing is used in detailing the type and particulars of the cargo in transit.
It states the goods’ title and requires the shipment company to take a payload to a particular location or destination.
The Bill of landing is given to you by the cargo company, and you can use it as proof of shipment for insurance companies and customs.
This document mailed to you as the buyer to pay off the Contract.
· Packing List
A packing list is issued by the cargo company that will show you all clothes shipped and the packing information.
It informs all the parties involved in the importation process about the contents of the baggage.
· Pro Forma Invoice
The Proforma invoice gives you critical information about the shipment: the number of clothes shipped, the clothes’ features, and designs.
This invoice also contains the clothes’ final pricing, which helps you make the final purchasing decision.
A Proforma invoice is not a valid invoice but is viewed as an agreement between the exporter and importer.
The exporter of the clothes prepares it.
· Certificate of Origin
It is a document that will help you prove that the products on transit or waiting to be transported.
A certificate of origin indicates that the cargo is wholly obtained, produced, manufactured, or processed in the place of birth.
The exporter has the prerogative to provide this document to you.
Certificates of origin have two components, namely:
- A non-preferential certificate of origin specifies where clothes were produced.
- Preferential certificate of origin: this will state that the goods were manufactured in a country that trades with your country of origin.
For example, when you are trading within the Commonwealth of Nations.
· Import/Export Declaration
Import/ Export declaration is a document prepared by either you or the exporter, and you will be required to submit it to the customs office.
The form of this declaration will be different depending on the requirements that should be met by the importer.
You may find the samples online for your perusal.
How do you Pay Clothes Suppliers in China?
There are many ways you can pay for clothes suppliers in China.
Chinese suppliers accept a wide range of payment methods.
Also, note that many manufacturers or suppliers demand you to pay a deposit before they commence production.
Then you pay the rest after they complete output.
So, you need to be prepared to make two transactions to the manufacturers or suppliers.
Some of the payment methods include:
I. Wiring money straight to the manufacturer through an international transfer.
II. You can open an account in China and make a local transaction.
III. There is also ALIPAY or Alibaba Trade Assurance.
IV. You can use a broker.
V. Transfer funds via western union.
VI. You can also use PayPal.
Why do you need a Sourcing Agent to Import Clothes from China?
The importance of sourcing agents when importing clothes from China include:
- Sourcing agents come in handy when the buyer needs a go-between and has no time to visit China to meet with the clothes’ suppliers.
- Sourcing agents will assist you if you encounter communication issues or inconsistent quality.
- Sourcing agents who are well specialized in your trading area may help you plan to expand or launch new products.
- Sourcing agents will reach various manufacturers and suppliers on your behalf and find the clothes you need.
- In China, a sourcing agent is a legal entity, and this is assurance enough that it is legally valid to incorporate them into your importation process.
- After finding the clothes you need, the sourcing agent will make a commission on the sale.
Is Importing Clothes from China Good for Small Businesses?
Yes, importing clothes from China for small businesses is good due to the following reasons:
- The wages in China are relatively cheaper, which means you will get the final products reasonably.
- In China, materials for making clothes are more accessible.
- You will get perfect clothes as the Chines are experts at designing their products.
- You can get a consistent supply of clothes for sale as the Chinese are excellent, refined, and organized at producing a large scale.
Do Clothes Manufacturers have Product Return Policy?
Most of the clothes manufacturers in China do not have product return policies.
It is prudent that you check your clothes before shipment and ask for samples before production.
You can also offer to pay for a product guarantee or additional packages that allow for return policies.
All in all, your type of financial arrangement will influence if you have a return policy.
Can you Import Designer Clothes from China?
Yes, you can import designer clothes from China.
Some of the suppliers of designer clothes that you may find in China include:
- Yiwu Gangchen Import and Export company.
- Ningbo Langke Import and Export company.
- Yiwu Sanzhi Import and Export company.
- Guangzhou Luqingyi Import and Export company.
- Quannzohou Aipusheng Import and Export company.
- Zhuji Hanjie Import and Export company.
- Monsoon Import and Export company.
- Yiwu Saichen Import and Export company.
- Yiwu G.S. Import and Export company.
- Xiamen Fancy textiles company limited.
- Yiwu Kai Te Import and Export company.
- Fujian Gentle Import and Export company.
- Yiwu Wingtu Import and Export company.
- Jinjiang Supastarer Import and Export company.
- Foshan Mia Import and Export company.
- Guangdong Wanglusha Import and Export company.
How do you Import Clothes on Alibaba?
When you want to import clothes from China using Alibaba, you will have to know how to use it well to avoid getting ripped off.
Before you begin searching for Chinese suppliers using Alibaba, you should first:
- Identify the exact clothes that you would like to import from China because Alibaba is not the right place to brainstorm for potential niches.
- Always understand what exact clothes you are expecting when sourcing from China.
You should understand that Alibaba is among the largest and frequently used database by Chinese vendors online.
However, due to being so large, Alibaba is filled with many ungenuine suppliers; that is why you should be aware of the right way to use this site.
The process of importing clothes from Alibaba entails:
a) Once you know which clothes you would like to import from China, you should start by carrying out a search using the search bar on Alibaba.
b) Alibaba will then, by default, display every single supplier available in its database for the clothes you need.
c) You should then filter out only verified suppliers (Gold suppliers) to avoid intermediaries or individuals trying to achieve a quick sell.
d) You should also filter out vendors that support trade assurance to ensure that you only have access to the real companies.
e) Once you have filtered the suppliers, you should pay a keen interest in the price of the clothes you want and the minimum order quantities.
However, the numbers can be adjusted after negotiations with the supplier for more favourable terms.
f) You should then narrow down the number of vendors you have to the specific category matching your purchasing power.
g) After you have selected the appropriate vendors, you should then review the specific company’s profile on the site.
Under this category, you can look at:
- The payment methods are allowed.
- The transaction level of the vendor.
- The response rate of the supplier.
h) Once you have done all this, you may negotiate with the supplier and start importing clothes from Alibaba.
How can you Import Clothes from AliExpress?
When importing clothes from AliExpress, you may be able to purchase the clothes in single-unit quantities.
Chinese companies use AliExpress as a liquidation outlet for their products; thus, this site’s products are relatively higher than Alibaba.
AliExpress is a site for finding mostly short-term suppliers and not a good platform for finding long term suppliers for your clothes business.
You should also note that vendors on AliExpress will not offer customized designs.
You can import from AliExpress using the following process:
a) First, you should identify the exact type of clothes that you would like to import.
b) You should then identify a good seller or supplier of the clothes you want to import.
c) You must check for the features and specifications of the clothes that you would like to import.
d) You should then confirm if there are any issues like if an aspect is not so clear to you and contact the supplier for clarification.
It can be done by just clicking on the feedback tab on AliExpress.com and then clicking Contact Now on the left sidebar.
e) Once you have sorted all the clothes you would like to order; you can now call them.
You can do this by clicking Add to Cart button on each clothing product page you want.
f) Once you have added to the cart all the clothes you would like to import, you can now click on the Buy Now button.
g) If your order is successful, the supplier will take about one to seven days to ship it to you. You will be able to see a tracking number in your AliExpress account’s transaction area as soon as the supplier ships the clothes.
h) Using the tracking feature, you will see the movement of your clothes shipment and know when it reaches your location.
You will then be able to receive your shipment.
i) Once you have received your shipment, you should then counter check to ascertain that the products are as you had ordered. If the products are okay, you may now confirm the order on the AliExpress site.
Which are the Main China International Fashion Fairs?
The leading China International Fashion Fair include:
1. China International Fashion Fair (CHIC)
China’s international fashion fair was founded in 1993.
CHIC serves the following functions:
- Trade negotiation
- Resource integration.
- Channel development.
- International cooperation.
- Trend release.
- Market inspection.
- Capital connection.
- Cross-industry cooperation.
CHIC has continually resulted in innovation due to the frequent changes in the market and the fashion industry.
2. The Jinjiang Fair International Sewing Machinery Fair.
It is the most fantastic sewing machinery fashion fair which showcases:
- All classes of sewing machinery.
- Pre and post-treatment
- Finish equipment and systems.
- Sewing machinery parts and components.
- Computer embroidery machine.
- Quilting machine.
- Knitting equipment.
- Laser equipment.
- Ultrasound devise.
- Printing equipment.
- Garment manufacture control and conveying machinery.
- Computer-aided machinery.
- Patterning and plate making systems.
3. Shenzhen International Exhibition for Clothing and Supply Chain.
This fashion fair will provide you with the ability to explore:
- Women’s fashion fabrics.
- Formal wear fabrics.
- Casual wear fabrics.
- Sportswear fabrics.
- Apparel accessories.
- Textile related services such as machinery, design and taste.
4. International Trade Show for Brands in Sports, Fashion and Lifestyle (ISPO Beijing)
This fashion show displays key innovations in:
- The fields of outdoors
- Action sports
- Presents the latest trends in sports fashion
- Fabrics and fibres.
ISPO is a fashion fair were international players in the sports industry and the Chinese meet
5. China Wedding Expo
This fashion fair covers all aspects of weddings, which include:
- Wedding apparel.
- Photo frames.
- Photo albums.
- Digital studio system and equipment.
- Digital photographic equipment and picture-making.
This fashion fair presents you with a comprehensive set up of wedding requirements and various products in a systematic fashion.
6. East African Fair (ECF)
ECF was established in 1991, and it is held on 1st to 4th March of each year in Shanghai.
It is the largest regional international economic trade show in China made up of so many trade visitors.
ECF has the highest transaction volume, and the exhibits are very many and come in very many varieties compared to other fashion shows globally.
7. Greater Bay Area International Textile and Clothing Fair
This fashion fair focuses on:
- Accessories and parts.
- Pressing and Finishing.
- Information service or magazines.
- Circular knitting.
- Pre sewing or cutting.
- Flatbed knitting.
- Sewing and stitching.
- CAD/CAM system.
- Hanger system.
- Printing equipment.
What is the MOQ when Importing Clothes from China?
Yes, most toy suppliers or manufacturers in China require that you order using a minimum order quantity popularly known as MOQ.
The minimum order quantity will depend on the manufacturers’ analysis, and there is no maximum MOQ.
When determining MOQ for your clothes, you should consider the following:
i. Transportation costs: consider the cost of transporting your order from the manufacturer before meeting the manufacturer’s MOQ.
ii. Margins and breakeven point: what are your profit margins? It should be considered before placing the order for your clothes.
iii. Manufacturer’s profit: you should put the manufacturer’s profit into consideration; the higher the manufacturer’s gains, the higher the clothes’ price.
iv. Turnover time: determining how many deliveries will be made per hour.
v. Finally, the manufacturer will then calculate and set the MOQ.
How do you Avoid Scam when Importing Clothes from China?
Buying clothes on AliExpress
You can avoid scam when importing clothes from China by:
- Choosing the right supplier who meets your needs and specifications.
- Ordering the product first yourself to analyze the shipping time taken, packaging quality and product quality.
- Not being too obsessed with getting the clothes at the best price as the Chinese manufacturers can cut corners and provide low-quality products.
- Getting a contract when you are dealing with big clothes purchases.
- Reaching out to the suppliers and trying to build a relationship with them first for long-term relations. You can achieve this by visiting the manufacturing plant.
- Asking the suppliers for samples as an assurance that the clothes are of your desired quality.
- Always thinking abundantly before selecting a supplier as there are plenty of suppliers in the Chinese clothes market.
- You should always ensure that you use safe payment methods like PayPal, credit cards, Alipay, etc. however, you should be wary of companies that state that they only accept western union or wire transfers.
- For companies that ask for western union or wire transfers, you may proceed with caution by starting with small orders and gradually increasing them.
Do you need a License to Import Clothes from China?
There is no general import license for importing clothes from China.
However, you might require a permit from a federal agency to import certain goods from China.
Various federal agencies oversee different imported products, and thus the requirements can vary.
Therefore, when importing clothes from China, you should ascertain that you have met all the federal requirements.
In most cases, you will not require license to import clothes from China.
Why do you need Samples before Importing Clothes from China?
Some of the key reasons why you need samples before importing include:
- To test your product design: you need to test the clothes to ascertain that they meet the right specifications.
- Injection moulds and tooling: clothes samples are essential as they will grant you a go-ahead to the next process of meeting customer’s needs.
- Quality: Clothes samples will help you assure your customers that the clothes you will be importing will be of the quality they desire.
- Supplier testing: samples help prove that the supplier can deliver the exact right clothes you desire. You should never take a supplier who provides models for granted.
At BanSar, we help you import clothes from China by handling all logistics for you.
Whether you want free China warehousing, shipping container or customs clearance, BanSar will handle everything at competitive rates.
So, if you want to save on time and money, BanSar is here to help you – contact us now.