Whether AliExpress is safe and legit is a question people ask me every day.
That’s why today, I will answer all your questions on safety, avoiding scams, verifying suppliers, buyer protection and return policy, amongst others.
By the end if this guide, you will have skills and knowledge on how to buy safely from AliExpress.
Let’s dive right in.
- How Do You Avoid Scams On AliExpress?
- How Can You Tell If Sellers On AliExpress Are Genuine Or Not?
- How Can You Verify Sellers On AliExpress?
- Is There Way Of Evaluating Quality of Good on AliExpress?
- Is It Safe To Use AliExpress Mobile App?
- Is Everything Sold On AliExpress Legit?
- How Can You Avoid Buying Counterfeit Goods From AliExpress?
- Do Low Prices On AliExpress Imply Low Quality Items?
- Does AliExpress Provide Ways Of Solving Buyer Seller Disputes?
- Is It Safe To Use Credit Card When Buying From AliExpress?
- Are Other Modes of Paying Sellers on AliExpress Safe?
- Does AliExpress Have Buyer Protection?
- Is Everyone Eligible For Buyer Protection?
- Can AliExpress Sellers Refund Money After Failing To Deliver Product?
- Does AliExpress Have Product Return Or Replacement Policy?
- Are Sellers On AliExpress Registered Business Or Individuals?
- Can You Trust Sellers Feedback On AliExpress?
- Is Shipping From AliExpress Safe?
- Does AliExpress Verify All Sellers On Its Platform?
- Are Coupons AliExpress Sellers Offer Legit?
- Can I Trust Discounts On AliExpress?
- Is AliExpress Standard Shipping Reliable?
- How Long Will It Take to Solve Disputes on AliExpress?
- Is Free Shipping On AliExpress Trustworthy?
- Are Buyers Review on AliExpress Genuine?
How Do You Avoid Scams On AliExpress?
The following are tips on how to avoid scams on AliExpress:
- Ensure you purchase from sellers with good reputation– Always ensure you go through the seller’s reviews and ratings to find out how good or trustworthy a seller is. Buy from sellers with good reviews and high ratings of at least 4 or higher.
- Buy from sellers with a good number of successfully shipped orders– When buying from AliExpress it is advisable to seek sellers that have successfully shipped lots of orders.
You are likely to encounter less or no problems from sellers with many successful sales.
- Always pay through AliExpress: – At no given time should you pay money directly to the seller.
Instead, always use the AliExpress platform to avoid fraud and maintain legibility for the buyer protection policies.
- Never be in a hurry to confirm delivery– You should not confirm delivery before actually receiving your shipment and making sure it is alright.
- After you are satisfied with the product you can go ahead and confirm the receipt.
- Avoid ‘too good to be true deals’– Although AliExpress is known for its affordable prices, it is better to keep away from those really irresistible deals.
Items with unbelievably low prices are likely to be counterfeit or of really low quality.
- Make sure to check the seller’s guarantees– check what offers and guarantees the seller offers.
For instance; returns and refunds, shipping and delivery timelines and quality assurance.
- Get in touch with the seller before making your order– The AliExpress platform has a ‘contact the seller’ option.
You ask all the necessary questions like their refund policy, quality of the product, discounts, warranty, etc.
- Check how long the seller has been on the platform– The longer they have been open, the more credible they are likely to be.
It is best to avoid stores that have been open for less than a year.
- Confirm the store has a buyer protection policy – The seller should guarantee you a refund if the item you purchase does not arrive it has other issues.
- Stay away from free shipping when buying expensive items– most scammers will indicate free shipping on expensive items in order to lure buyers.
- Mark the logos/hallmarks on real brands so that you can identify knockoff or counterfeits. This way you can avoid being scammed to buying a fake item being sold as the original.
Detailed Seller’s Ratings
How Can You Tell If Sellers On AliExpress Are Genuine Or Not?
The following are ways to determine if sellers on AliExpress are genuine or not:
- Check the seller’s credits– AliExpress has a credits system which allows you to evaluate the credits of the seller.
- Customer reviews and rating– genuine sellers will obviously have positive reviews from satisfied customers. Their ratings also are high; 4 stars and above.
- The sales– Sellers with lots successful sales are most likely to be genuine. You should think twice about sellers with really low sales.
- Return rates– if a seller has a high rate of returns, it is apparent that they are either selling counterfeit or low-quality goods. The lower the seller’s return rate the better.
- The time their store has been open for– Not to say that new stores are not genuine, but buying from a store that has been there for longer guarantees an experienced seller.
- The number of followers they have– Stores with a huge following are most likely to be genuine. This is not to discredit stores with few followers but if many people follow a certain store, it’s because they’re reputable and trustworthy.
- How the handle inquiries or complaints– before making a purchase, contact the seller for any question about the product, their buyer protection or any other questions you might have. How the seller engages and responds will communicate whether they are trustworthy or not.
- Store’s buyer protection policy– sellers that are willing to give refunds, take returns and make replace are most likely to be genuine and vice versa.
It is always advisable to do your due diligence before making a purchase from any seller.
Buyer Protection Policy Can Help Know A Seller’s Genuineness
How Can You Verify Sellers On AliExpress?
- Make use of the AliExpress Sellers Checker– This feature allows you view the ratings, reviews and feedback about the seller.
- Check the seller’s history– check for how long they have been in business, how many successful orders they have shipped, the amount of returns they have etc.
- Check for actual pictures of the product– You can find this in the customer’s reviews. This will help you know if the product is exactly as advertised by the seller or not.
- Contact the seller– this will allow you to know if the seller is keen to the customer’s complaints or enquiries.
AliExpress Sellers Checker
Is There Way Of Evaluating Quality of Good on AliExpress?
The following are ways to evaluate the quality of goods on AliExpress:
- Do not rush to purchase the cheapest product– Different sellers always have different prices for the same item. The cheapest might mean it that it is of a lower quality.
This is not always the case but it is best to avoid the goods with suspiciously low prices.
Check the customer’s reviews, both positive and critical– This will help you determine the quality of the product before purchasing it.
- Check if the product is copyrighted and trademarked– this is essential in ensuring you buy the legit product and not a knockoff or low quality.
- If you are buying in bulk, you can order a few samples and inspect the quality of the product yourself.
- Check the description and pictures of the product– sometimes though the pictures provided by the seller could not show clearly the quality.
You can find actual pictures on reviews left by buyers and they can help you determine the quality of the item.
Is It Safe To Use AliExpress Mobile App?
The AliExpress mobile app is not only safe and reliable to use, but also has some cool features. It has features like a message center which allows you to contact the seller directly for inquiries or complaints.
It also allows you to know the status of your order, search and sort products by category and also add products to your Wishlist. It has a section which shows the deals of the day.
Lastly, it allows you to share products to your friends and family through social networks like Facebook, twitter, email etc.
Always make sure to download the verified AliExpress app.
The Verified AliExpress App
Is Everything Sold On AliExpress Legit?
AliExpress does its best to ensure they keep their platform legit and free of scams.
There is however no guarantee that everything sold on AliExpress is legit. There are thousands of merchants and it may be hard to track all their activities.
You are likely to encounter counterfeit items and low-quality items. Sellers can disguise counterfeit products and pass them as real.
In other cases, they can use false pictures and write catchy descriptions for an item that does not match those standards.
That is why it is important to do your due diligence.
Check the product’s reviews and ensure you are buying from a reputable seller.
How Can You Avoid Buying Counterfeit Goods From AliExpress?
Tips on how to avoid buying counterfeit goods from AliExpress are:
- Detect the fake reviews– Mostly, people rely on customer reviews to determine if a product is fake.
It is important to scan through the reviews and ensure they are genuine as some sellers put up fake positive reviews for their counterfeit products.
- Be aware of the original brand’s hallmark– This way you can be able to identify the real product from the counterfeit.
- Inspect the packaging– Mostly brands put their logos not only on the product but also on the product itself. If a product or the packaging do not have the logo, then it is most likely counterfeit.
- Keep of impractical deals and offers– Always shy away from unrealistic pricing. For instance, if a seller is selling say a Gucci bag for a ridiculously low price of 10$ its most likely counterfeit. In this case it best to avoid buying it.
Do Low Prices On AliExpress Imply Low Quality Items?
AliExpress is best known for lower prices compared to other platforms. This means that the lower prices do not necessarily mean the items are of low quality.
Most of the sellers on AliExpress are from China and source their products from Chinese manufacturers.
Therefore, this allows to maintain low prices and that is why some sellers are able to offer very affordable or free shipping.
However, in a case where several sellers are selling the same product but the prices are very different.
The one with the lowest price could be of low quality as well. Also extremely discounted items could mean that they are not of good quality.
Does AliExpress Provide Ways Of Solving Buyer Seller Disputes?
AliExpress has Buyer Protection which is a way of settling disputes between buyers and seller.
A buyer has to be an eligible member of the Buyer Protection to benefit from it.
Normally, when the buyer does not receive their product/service or receives a substandard product they open a dispute to report the incident to AliExpress.
In the time of the dispute procedure, some of the factors that AliExpress will look into are as follows:
- If the product or service that the buyer received is substandard, faulty damaged or essentially not what they ordered.
- Whether the conditions leading to the goods/services not being delivered are within or beyond its control.
- If the non-arrival of the goods/services is the fault of the buyer. For instance; whether they provided the wrong address or other shipping details.
- If the reason for returning the goods to the seller is because customs would not clear it.
How To Open A Dispute On AliExpress Platform
During the dispute procedure the seller will be required to provide any relevant documents or evidence to support their claims.
After evaluating both the seller’s and buyer’s claim, AliExpress will make a final resolution which is not subject to appeal.
If the final decision is made in favor of the buyer, they will be entitled to a refund 15 days after finishing the dispute procedures.
Is It Safe To Use Credit Card When Buying From AliExpress?
It is absolutely safe to use a credit card on AliExpress. When you enter your credit card details, that information does not go directly to the seller.
Instead, it stays with AliExpress who make payments to the seller after you successfully receive your order.
You should never disclose your credit card details to a seller. You should not also make payments directly to the seller using your credit card.
This is to avoid any type of fraud and scams that can arise.
Also, if you use your credit card to pay a seller directly, then you do not qualify for AliExpress’ Buyer Protection.
Payment Can Be Made using Credit Card , Web Money or PesaPal
Are Other Modes of Paying Sellers on AliExpress Safe?
It is perfectly safe to use other modes of payments on AliExpress.
It is however important to note that you should not pay the sellers directly.
This is ideal for you to avoid being scammed or your cards hacked. Always pay via the AliExpress platform.
Some of the common safe payment modes that are safe to use on AliExpress include:
- Debit cards
- Western union
- Bank transfers
- Other less common modes of payment include: Webmoney, iDeal, Ticket, tefPAY, DOKU etc.
Does AliExpress Have Buyer Protection?
AliExpress has a Buyer Protection system for every payment made on its platform.
For a payment to be protected by Buyer Protection system, it must not bypass AliExpress.
This means that all payment must be made though the AliExpress platform
This is why it is advisable never to pay sellers directly in to their accounts. If a seller asks you do so, you should report them immediately.
The Buyer Protection comes in handy in situations like:
- When you receive products/services that are not exactly as they were described; and your claim to get a refund from the seller was unsuccessful.
- If your order does not arrive within the agreed delivery date and time.
- When you receive knockoff or counterfeit version of the item you had ordered. In this case if you open a dispute, you can get up to 3 times the money you paid as compensation.
Is Everyone Eligible For Buyer Protection?
Not everyone is eligible for Buyer Protection.
To be an eligible member for Buyer Protection, you must have a valid AliExpress account and also a registered member.
You must have also successfully bought either goods or services from AliExpress.
AliExpress Buyer Protection For Registered Members With Valid AliExpress Accounts
Can AliExpress Sellers Refund Money After Failing To Deliver Product?
If you do not receive your product within the stated delivery dates then you can claim a refund from the seller.
The delivery period set by sellers is mostly a maximum of 60 days and if your delivery has not arrived, they should give a full refund.
The steps on how to request a refund are:
- Open and sign into ‘My AliExpress’. Click on the ‘open dispute’ button after selecting the transaction.
In order to begin the process for your full refund, complete the required steps as per the instructions.
After completion, you can start negotiations with the seller.
- Some times when the system automatically files a claim or even when a buyer files a claim before the delivery time/
The AliExpress Case Management Team will deal with the case based on the stated delivery times.
Does AliExpress Have Product Return Or Replacement Policy?
The sellers on AliExpress set their own return, refund and replacement policies.
If you wish to return an item or have it replaced, you will have to deal directly with the seller.
However, if you- the buyer and the seller cannot reach an agreement, you can request for AliExpress to intervene.
They will then make a determination according to the available evidence.
Circumstances under which an item can qualify for return or replacement include:
- Item that got delivered is not the right one
- Product does not function properly or as it should.
- Item is missing some parts
- Product is defective
- Product is fake/counterfeit.
- Item took too long to arrive and the buyer has no use for it anymore.
- Item is not what the buyer was anticipating or it does not match the description.
- Product was the wrong size.
A Return Policy For A Particular Seller
Are Sellers On AliExpress Registered Business Or Individuals?
AliExpress permits individual sellers as well as registered companies/businesses.
That being the case, AliExpress can register you as a seller as long as you have the following:
- VAT number
- Updated contact information- this includes a valid email and telephone number.
- Your company’s operating license
- The ID of your legal representative.
Can You Trust Sellers Feedback On AliExpress?
AliExpress has thousands of sellers selling the same merchandise.
This means that the competition is very high and some sellers may have false feedback for obvious reasons. This does not mean that there are no trustworthy sellers.
That is why it is advisable to do your due diligence and scan through the sellers’ feedback and try and weed out the real from the fake.
Sellers also try to support each other’s business by leaving positive reviews and feedback that is not necessarily true. So, it is best to watch out for such scenarios too.
Is Shipping From AliExpress Safe?
Shipping from AliExpress is perfectly safe and secure.
After making a purchase, the seller provides all the shipping details to help you with tracking your order.
AliExpress has the AliExpress Standard Shipping which is the most affordable and usually takes 15 to 45 days from the time your package is sent.
They have also the AliExpress premium Shipping which takes a shorter time of 7 to 15 days from the time the parcel is shipped.
AliExpress also partners with other private couriers like FedEx and DHL. These are not only safe and reliable but also offer relatively fast shipping.
Does AliExpress Verify All Sellers On Its Platform?
To be accepted as a seller on AliExpress, they need to verify your contact and legal details. These include your:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Company details
- VAT number
- Business license
- Legal representatives ID
Before a seller can set up an account with AliExpress, they verify the above details and only if they are correct do, they proceed.
After reviewing the information and the application the seller can then be allowed on the AliExpress platform.
Verifying sellers ensures that only legitimate sellers are on the platform.
Are Coupons AliExpress Sellers Offer Legit?
All coupons on AliExpress; (AliExpress Coupons, Store Coupons and Select Coupons) are legit and safe to use.
Sellers give out store coupons that can only be used in their stores only. Also, you only use one coupon per order.
Sellers give out store coupons for free on their pages or you can get them by exchanging your coins for coupons.
Select coupons are legit and safe to use. You can only use these in selected stores.
Check the items product detail page to find out if select coupons are accepted.
The number of coupons you can use per order depends on the store’s policies.
Just like store coupons you can get select coupons by exchanging your coins or by playing games.
Can I Trust Discounts On AliExpress?
There are quite a number of ways to enjoy discounts on AliExpress you can accept them without any doubt.
There are discount sales, coupons, promo codes, discounted shipping among others. Discounts on AliExpress are trustworthy and a good way of saving our money.
However, you should always be on the look out for possible scams.
For instance, sellers that place irresistible discounting on their substandard items in order to attract gullible buyers.
It is also advisable to shop around for the same item as some sellers put up fake discounts to entice buyers.
But in real sense they have not reduced the price even a little.
Is AliExpress Standard Shipping Reliable?
AliExpress standard shipping not only reliable, but also safe and affordable.
Sometimes AliExpress offer buyers this method of shipping for free.
AliExpress standard shipping takes from 15 to 45 days for standard size packages to be delivered.
It is quite easy to track your order while using AliExpress Standard Shipping.
This way you can know the status of your package and its location while on transit.
AliExpress standard shipping works in partnership with other companies like Singapore Post, Posti Finland, Correos, etc.
How Long Will It Take to Solve Disputes on AliExpress?
After opening a dispute, the seller has up to 15 days to give a response and for them and the buyer to reach common ground.
If 15 days go by and still no agreement has been reached, the file now becomes a claim.
AliExpress has to intervene now. The AliExpress Case Team Management has to review and try to settle the claim. This could take 15 to 60 days.
Is Free Shipping On AliExpress Trustworthy?
Free shipping on AliExpress is actually safe, trustworthy and reliable.
However, it can be very slow taking from 30 to 60 days for your package to arrive.
Free shipping normally uses the National Post service and hence the longer the delivery time.
You should avoid free shipping for costly goods.
This is to avoid the risk of them being damaged or mishandled.
For expensive items it is best to use faster and private couriers like DHL or EMS. Free shipping is perfectly fine for inexpensive items.
It is advisable to track your package when using free shipping to ensure it reaches on time and does not get lost.
If you do not receive it on time, then you can open a dispute.
Free Shipping As Available Using The AliExpress App
Are Buyers Review on AliExpress Genuine?
Buyers leave reviews according to their shopping experiences.
You have to be a buyer to be able to leave a review under a certain product or store.
It is good to go through all the reviews, old and new, positive and critical in order to get the most from them.
Buyer reviews can be of great help in determining if a seller or their items are genuine.
Although some people argue that some reviews could be fake, it is impossible to leave thousands and thousands of fake reviews.
I would say it is important to scan through the reviews and find out which are genuine and helpful and those which are not.
For any questions or inquiry about shipping from China to any global destination, contact BanSar now.