Port Louis is the principal port in Mauritius, lying between a well-protected deepwater harbor and a semicircle of mountains. It is located on the country’s northwest coast, approximately 500 nautical miles east of Madagascar.
- TEU: 1.5 Million
- The commercial area of the port is defined as the region within the port
- Primary export commodities are cement, bunkers, sugar, black oil
- Main imports are coal, maize, cement, wheat, edible oil, soya, etc
- Expert in handling containers, LPG, breakbulk, and general cargo
- More than 6.5 tons of cargo handled per year
- Accommodate 2,000+ vessels and 52,000 passengers annually
Port Mathurin operates as the principal harbor on the island. It is located on the Indian Ocean island’s north coast at 19°40′60.00″S 63°25′0.00″E.
- TEU: N/A
- Anchorage dept from 15.5 to 16 meter
- MV Mauritius Pride and Mauritius Trochetia dock at port 5x/month