Thilawa Port is Myanmar’s most significant port terminal that can accommodate up to five Panamax-sized ships. It is about 25 kilometers southeast of Yangon (formerly Rangoon). The port’s total size is around 75 hectares, with a full berth length of approximately 1,000 meters.
- TEU: 2,000
- Port Restrictions: Max LOA – 260
- Quay Size: 3280 ft in length and 98 ft width
- Capacity to handle vessel up to 20000 DWT
- Possess five berths to handle all sizes of cargo
- Water Depth (Apron): 9 meters
- Operating 24/7
Yangon Port is Myanmar’s most essential and busiest port, handling around 90% of the state’s imports and exports. It is 40 km upriver from Martaban Gulf, off the Andaman Sea, on Yangon Riverbank.
- TEU: 1500
- Annual cargo tonnage: over 512 thousand
- Average tidal range 19ft x 8.4 ft
- Navigation can manage roughly 600 vessels per month
- More than 30 berths available for seagoing vessels
- Facilities for coal, oil, and general cargo handling
- Current vessel capacity: 15,000 –20,000 DWT
- Two limitation bars: Inner Bar & Outer Bar
- Leading handling service: cargo, container ship, general cargo, bulk carrier
- Maximum draught: 9.5meters
Myanmar Port Authority manages and runs the Port of Bassein. It has recorded a 73 meters maximum length of vessels. The port geographical coordinates are N 16° 46′ 50.14″ – E 094° 43′ 47.87″.
- TEU: N/A
- Navigation can accommodate up to 10,000 tons of cargo
- Channel & Cargo pier depth: 16 – 20 feet
- Anchorage water depth: 26 – 30 feet
- Capacity to handle vessels up to 500ft length
- Main export: rice
Port of Sittwe, a deepwater seaport on the Bengal Bay built-in 2016. It is placed near the Kaladan River entrance. India funds it as part of the Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project, a joint venture between India and Myanmar.
- TEU: N/A
- Myanmar Port Authority run and manage port terminals
- Funded by India as part of the Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project
- Major exports: rice, hides, and salt
- Major imports: cloth, oil, dried fish, gunny bags, and cotton
- Annual traffic: 100,000 tonnes – exports: 25,000 tonnes – imports
- Maximum vessel size: LOA 146m
Located on Thanlwin River, about 28km inland from Martaban Gulf, Port of Mawlamyine is one of the important ports in the area, is positioned 16.44399601 lat., 97.64058770 long.
- TEU: N/A
- It consists of 5 pontoon jetties (36-72m x 6m) and two concrete wharfs
- Available general cargo handling capability for rice, paddy, and bulk cargoes
- Tidal range: 4.2m (spring tide), 2.4m (neap tide)