Port Réunion is the principal commercial, fishing, and cruise port. It is also a military facility, serves as the third-largest naval facility in France. Located on Réunion’s far northwest corner connects all other significant points.
- TEU: 350,000
- Expert in handling container ship, sailing vessel, fishing vessel, and vehicles carrier
- It consists of two-port areas: Ouest Port and Est Port
- Main cargo handled include building materials, petroleum, sugar, grain, and food produce
- More than 53,000 passengers pass through the port per year
- Handled over 4.3 million tons of cargo annually
- Port restriction: draught – 14.50m to 15.5m
The Port de la Pointe des Galets is commonly known as “Le Port,” is located on the island’s northwest coast, roughly 15 kilometers west of St Dennis positioned at 20°56’10″S, 55°16’42″E.
- TEU: N/A
- Artificial harbor with little in the way of attractions for a visitor
- Construction on the site to facilitate the installation of a shore-end for the METISS is ongoing
- Berthing is available 24/7