The capital and sole port and city on Upolu Island in the autonomous nation of Samoa is the Port of Apia. This port is located on the island’s northern coast in the South Pacific.
- TEU: 37,000 containers (2008)
- Only a commercial port that handled 97% of foreign trade cargoes
- Driven about 5,000 mt of domestic inshore fishing catch annually
- Consider as a helping-hand of country’s imports and transhipments
The Port of Pago Pago is a modernized port with all the amenities and services that cruise liners and corporations require.
- TEU: N/A
- Port Average depth is 180 feet, with broad and deep enough to accommodate any size ship or vessels
- Has good shelter
- Harbour type – coastal natural