The Port of Latakia is the principal seaport in Syria. This port is situated on the Mediterranean Sea in Latakia city.
- TEU: 472,000 containerized cargo
- Huge commercial harbor and modern facilities
- Port handles: bulk carriers, tankers, container, ro-ro, general cargo
- Primary imports: timber, foodstuff, manufactured goods, chemical products, vehicles
- Principally exports vegetable products, crude oil, cotton, etc.
- Handled eight million tons of cargo in 2018
Port of Tartous is one of the two main ports in the country. It is the largest city in Tartus Governorate with 115,769 (2004 census) populations.
- TEU: 41,600 containerized cargo (2008)
- Tourist capital and maritime base
- Chief commercial harbor
- Possess a facility that handles: ro-ro traffic, bulk minerals, containers, grain, liquids, general
- Provides protected harbor by two long breakwaters
Port of Banias is a mid-sized port situated in East Mediterranean in Syria.
- TEU: N/A
- Anchorage depth – 14 meters to 15.2 meters
- Cargo pier depth – 3.4 meters to 4.6 meters
- Oil terminal depth – 6.4 meters to 7.6 meters
Port of Borj Islam is located around 1.3 nautical miles north of Ras El Fasori. It is a small-size river port.
- TEU: N/A
- Loading terminal for LPG tankers
- Latitude – 35° 40′ 55″ N
- Longitude – 35° 47′ 21″ E