The Port of Mpulungu is Zambia’s main port, owned and operated by the Mpulungu Harbour Corporation Ltd (“MHCL”). It is positioned in Zambia’s Northern Province, near the southern edge of Lake Tanganyika.
- TEU: N/A
- Mainly used to transport cargo across the lake into the DRC and Burundi
- The primary point of delivery is Kelemie DRC
- Almost all loads are destined for export
- Provide cargo handling services (transport, logistics, etc)
- Handling capacity: cargo – 200,000 – 800,000 MT, passengers – 17,000-236,000