If you’re shipping perishable goods from China, you will definitely need high quality reefer container.
A reason why this guide explores all the fundamental aspects about reefer shipping container.
From design, uses, benefits, quality standards, classification to features of reefer container, among other critical aspects.
Keep reading to learn more.
- What is a Reefer Container?
- What are the Parts of a Reefer Container?
- How does aReefer Container Work?
- Which are the General Tips of Storage of Cargo in a Reefer Container?
- How much does a Reefer Container Cost?
- Which are the Storage Principles of Cargo in a Reefer Container?
- What are the Benefits of Reefer Containers?
- What Factors Determine the Cost of Reefer Containers?
- What are the Dos and Don’ts of Reefer Containers?
- How much are Reefer Containers to Hire?
- What is the Available Dimension for the Reefer Container?
- Can a Reefer Container be Modified?
- Where can you Find Reefer Containers for sale in China?
- Who are the Leading Suppliers of Reefer Containers in China?
- What are the Types of Reefer Containers?
- Which Checks are Done on the Reefer Container?
- What are the Features of Reefer Containers?
- What is the Difference Between a Fridge Box and a Reefer Container?
- What are the Uses of a Reefer Container?
- How can you Find the Best Deals when Buying a Reefer Container?
- How does Hiring a Reefer Container compare to Buying a New one?
- Do Reefer Containers have a Warranty Period?
- What are the Limitations of Reefer Containers?
- Which are the Available Areas of Application of Reefer Containers?
- Are there ISO Standards for Reefer Containers?
- Why use Reefer Containers Instead of Sending Items by air?
- What should be Considered in the Electrical Connection of the Reefer Container?
- What is the Energy Consumption of a Reefer Container?
- Can Humidity and Temperature be Adjusted or Controlled in a Reefer Container?
- Is there an Instruction Manual for the Reefer Container?
- What Volume does aReefer Container have?
- What should be Considered during the Setup and Unloading of a Reefer Container?
- How can a Reefer Container be Loaded or Unloaded?
- Can a Reefer Container be put in a Warehouse or Building?
- What is a Pre-Trip Inspection (PTI)?
What is a Reefer Container?
A Reefer container is a short form of the refrigerated container.
They are big fridges used to transport perishable cargo like meat, fish, fruits and vegetables, seafood, dairy, and nonfood products like pharmaceuticals and flowers for long distances.
Different cargo types require varying temperature levels to be transported.
They might be either chilled, in controlled temperature, or frozen.
Reefer containers will help in the efficient transportation of cargo by maintaining their temperature.
What are the Parts of a Reefer Container?
The various parts of a reefer container include:
Sides of reefer container
End section of reefer container
- Refrigeration unit
- Air space
- Rear doors
- Cooling coil
- Air seals
- Control box
- Controller display
- Controller keypad
- Evaporator fan
- Motor access panels
- Condenser fan
- Condenser coil
- Temperature sensors
- Control box
- Microprocessors for controlling the refrigeration equipment.
- Temperature recorder
- Set up power transformer.
How does aReefer Container Work?
Reefer container works in the following ways:
Reefer Container Cooling by Air:
Cooling of the reefer container is done by air.
Air is blown into the reefer container by a generator, placed on the sides of the box.
Air is passed into the reefer container either through the sides or the floor.
The reefer container floor is usually T style to allow for air passage into the cargo for cooling purposes.
Reefer containers can maintain the temperature of cargo between-35 degrees Celsius and +35 degrees Celsius despite the nature of the external environment.
It is achieved by directing the air underneath the goods through T shaped decking specifically designed for sufficient air circulation across the shipment.
Apart from maintaining the temperature of the pre-cooled cargo, reefer containers can also raise temperatures where necessary.
They have a control unit that enables adjusting parameters such as temperature, ventilation, atmosphere, and humidity.
Settings applied on the reefer containers will vary depending on the nature and type of cargo being shipped.
Reefer containers require a constant supply of electricity to maintain the freshness of cargo.
This electricity is supplied by either portable generators or the vessel’s power.
Once loading has been done, you can set the generator to the appropriate temperature, and the reefer container will be able to take care of itself henceforth.
Reefer Container Cooling by Water:
Some reefer containers are installed with a cooling system that uses water for cooling the shipment.
When multiple reefer containers are stacked together in a tight space or are stored underneath the deck on a vessel, water is used in the cooling system.
The water-cooling system will work by ventilating the heat generated outside or even in the space where the cargo is stored.
However, this kind of reefer containers is not expected due to the high price of a water-cooling system.
Reefer containers can also be installed with a generator set commonly referred to as Genset.
The Genset can be installed onto the reefer container as:
- Clip-on Genset: this is where the Genset mounting is on the side of the reefer container. In this method, you can easily remove the genset once delivery or storage is complete.
- Underslung Genset: where the Genset is installed under the reefer container by either hanging or mounting.
This method is commonly used when using a trailer for transportation where the device is mounted onto the trailer.
Besides, this method ensures that swapping happens only on the reefer container and not the entire trailer.
Which are the General Tips of Storage of Cargo in a Reefer Container?
Some general tips on storage of cargo in a reefer container include:
Inside reefer container
- The limit of storage cargo should not extend beyond the T floor.
- To avoid shifting cargo during transit, the shipment should be tightly wedged and stable on the floor.
- The cargo limit should not reach above the red load line.
- Depending on the cargo being loaded into the reefer container, you must always set the appropriate unit’s carrying temperature.
- Always check dehumidification controls.
- Incase pre-cooling is required, always carry out pre-cooling on the cargo and not the reefer container. Pre-cooling can only be done on the box when loaded in a cod tunnel, which is air locked.
- Ensure there are no limitations to air circulation and fill any gaps between the pallet and the doors with either wood or cardboard.
It will, in turn, reduce potential heat sinks where warm air circulates near the doors.
How much does a Reefer Container Cost?
Depending on the nature and size of a reefer container, their price ranges between $3000 to $20,000.
Which are the Storage Principles of Cargo in a Reefer Container?
Storage principles that need to be followed when packing cargo in a reefer container include:
- Storage boxes should be within the pallets.
- The spacing on the deck board should allow for the flow of air vertically.
- Boxes should be vented for air to flow vertically.
- You should secure the load on the pallet.
- The Reefer container should have a refrigeration unit.
- Rear doors should be on the container.
- There should be an air space above the cargo.
- Airflow should be sufficient in the reefer container.
- The box vents should be aligned.
What are the Benefits of Reefer Containers?
Some of the benefits of reefer containers include:
- Cargo does not to be put in a cold storage unit upon arrival as it is held in a self-contained refrigerated unit.
- Reefer containers are available in several dimensions, making them suitable for being transported by different modes of transportation.
- Versatility: the containers can be partitioned to create different rooms to store cargo requiring different temperatures. In this way, both chilled and frozen cargo can be transported in the same reefer container.
- Durability: reefer containers can remain operational even in harsh environmental conditions and are very durable.
- Easy transportation: reefer containers can be transported using a variety of carriers.
This brings about a faster return on investment and improved financial security.
- The longer shelf life of products: they elongate perishable products’ shelf life as they can prevent them from ripening quickly and maintaining their freshness.
What Factors Determine the Cost of Reefer Containers?
Factors that determine the cost of a reefer container include:
- Purchase or rent: it is essential to decide how long you would like to have a reefer container.
A single shipment should hire a reefer container rather than buy; however, you should buy your own if you want ongoing use.
- New or used reefer container: used reefer container prices will tend to be low compared to new containers’ cost.
- Container sizes: refer containers are available in a variety of sizes.
The bigger the size of a reefer container, the higher it will cost, and the higher the cooling energy; small container sizes tend to be a bit cheaper.
- Transportation: This is a significant factor determining the cost of a reefer container. Larger containers require considerable space for transport, leading to higher prices than smaller ones.
- Remote monitoring: the remote control is a type of service you can purchase to track your reefer container.
Reefer containers that have this feature tend to be more expensive than those that don’t possess it.
What are the Dos and Don’ts of Reefer Containers?
The following are some general dos and don’ts of reefer containers:
- Tightly pack cargo and ensure it is stable to avoid it shifting.
- Verify dehumidification controls.
- Set correct settings on the ventilation.
- Put the temperature at the correct level required by the cargo.
- Whenever required, always pre-cool the cargo.
- Load cargo above the red load line.
- Allow inhibitors to block air circulation.
- Store cargo beyond the end of the T-floor.
- Pre-cool the container unless it is placed in a tunnel that is air locked or in a cold storage room.
- Give way for spaces between the door and pallets.
How much are Reefer Containers to Hire?
The cost of hiring reefer containers varies depending on factors such as:
- Added insulation.
- Power plant means.
- Duration required.
- Size of the reefer container.
- Nature of the reefer container.
The price of hiring a reefer container ranges between $2000 to $17000.
What is the Available Dimension for the Reefer Container?
Dimensions of reefer containers vary depending on the manufacturer, the container owner, and the container’s age.
Dimensions of reefer containers include:
Dimension of reefer container
20-inch reefer containers have a tare weight of 3,080 kilograms (6791.4 lbs), a payload capacity of 27,400 kilograms (60,417 lbs), and a cubic capacity of 28.3 cubic meters (999cu ft).
It also has an internal width of 2.29 meters (7.5 ft), an interior height of 2.27 meters (7.5ft), a door opening width of 2.23 meters (7.3ft), and a door opening height of 2.10 meters (6.9ft).
40-inch reefer containers have a tare weight of 4,800 kilograms (10,584 lbs), a payload capacity of 27,700 kilograms (61,078.5 kg), and a cubic capacity of 59.3 cubic meters (2,093.3cu ft).
It also has an internal width of 2.28 meters (7.5 ft), an interior height of 2.25 meters (7.4ft), a door opening width of 2.29 meters (7.5ft), and a door opening height of 2.26meters (7.4ft).
40-inch-high cube reefer containers have a tare weight of 4,480 kilograms (9,880 lbs), a payload capacity of 29,520 kilograms (65,080 lbs), an internal length of 11.58 meters (38ft), and a cubic breadth of 67.3 cubic meters (2,380cu ft).
It also has an internal width of 2.29 meters (7.5 ft), an interior height of 2.40 meters (7.9ft), a door opening width of 2.29 meters (7.5ft), and a door opening height of 2.57 meters (8.4ft).
45-inch-high cube reefer containers have a tare weight of 4,850 kilograms (10,694.3 lbs), a payload capacity of 29,150 kilograms (64,275.8 kg), an internal length of 11.57 meters (38 ft), and a cubic breadth of 67 cubic meters (2,365.1cu ft).
It also has an internal width of 2.27 meters (7.4 ft), an interior height of 2.55 meters (8.4 ft), a door opening width of 2.29 meters (7.5ft), and a door opening height of 2.26 meters (7.4ft).
Can a Reefer Container be Modified?
Yes, a reefer container can be modified to suit the customers’ specific needs.
Some of the modifications that can be made on reefer containers include:
- Adding extra doors.
- Installation of windows.
- Incorporating lighting.
- Installing storage racks.
- Altering the appearance of a reefer container by painting it in the customer’s preferred color.
- Applying a brand logo.
Where can you Find Reefer Containers for sale in China?
You may find reefer containers for sale in China in the following places:
- Online marketplaces such as Alibaba, AliExpress, among others.
- Using referrals from related business partners.
- You may search for suppliers or manufacturers on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, linked in, among others.
- From sourcing companies, agents, or buying brokers available in China.
- Using catalogs and coupons.
- Utilizing search engines like Google maps to locate reefer container manufacturers and suppliers in China.
- Through trade fairs.
Who are the Leading Suppliers of Reefer Containers in China?
Some of the leading supplies of reefer containers in China include:
- Shanghai metal corporation.
- Qingdao Shimao Singstar Trade Company Limited.
- Taian Yongyan Equipment Technology Company Limited.
- Tianjin Long Teng International Trade Company Limited.
- Weifang Henglida Steel Structure Company Limited.
- Qingdao Rayfore Container Industry Company limited.
- Qingdao Shimao Singstar Trade company Limited.
- Tianjin Long Teng International Trade Company Limited.
What are the Types of Reefer Containers?
Some of the types of reefer containers include:
- ISO reefer containers: this is used for shipping temperature-sensitive cargo that is perishable, like fruits, vegetables, and meat.
It relies on external power for temperature regulation and is available 20 inch and 40-inch sizes.
- Insulated containers: they possess a mechanical compressor for electrical compliance for heating or cooling air in the box to help achieve regulated temperature.
They are suitable for long-distance transportation of products such as pharmaceuticals, blood, organs, biological materials, foods, and chemicals.
Which Checks are Done on the Reefer Container?
It would help if you did the following checks on the reefer container:
Before Power On:
- Conduct a general inspection of the reefer container to ensure the components do not have any physical damage and non are missing.
Elements to be checked include contractors, plug, cable, loose wires, and compressors.
- Check the reefer container’s cleanliness to ensure that there are no cargo remnants or debris and there are no extra labels.
- Ensure the refrigerant and lubricant are okay.
- Inspect Partlow to ensure that the battery level is in range and the chart drive is okay and rewound.
- Check the compressors, motors, and heaters to ascertain the electric insulation value.
After Power On:
- You should measure and record the voltage to ascertain the function ability of phase correction contractors.
- Check for engine serviceability in the following ways:
- Ascertain that the components are not producing any abnormal noises.
- Ensure the direction of the fan and blower is right.
- Initiate either FPT(Smart), LPP(MHI), LPPP(CFII), FPTI(MPC), or AutoPTI(Microlink).
- Calibrate the Partlow element and sensors.
- Upon reaching the set point, detect if the reefer container is working correctly.
- Preset the temperature setting to -18 degrees Celsius:
- Ensure that the cycle is complete after initiation by ascertaining that the unit goes into the manual defrost.
- After defrosting, it is essential to record the oil level directly.
- Check the drains to ensure that they are immaculate.
- Upon the temperature reaching -18 degrees Celsius, ensure that the unit is running in full control.
- Measure the pressure of the compressor by:
- Analyze the compressor, fan motor, evaporator motor, heater, and Cond to measure currents.
- Detect if the reefer container is working properly once it reaches the set point of -18 degrees Celsius and determines the freon level.
- Set the reefer container’s temperature to zero degrees Celsius and switch the box off once it reaches zero degrees Celsius.
- Once the temperature reaches zero degrees Celsius, record it and then calibrate sensors and Partlow element.
What are the Features of Reefer Containers?
Some of the features of reefer containers include:
Reefer container door specification
- PTI okay/ Pre-TripInspection/Goods Test Badge.
- Temperature adjustable between -25 degrees Celsius and +35 degrees Celsius
- They are wind and waterproof.
- Have a valid CSC badge.
- It is made up of stainless-steel interior lining made from aluminum.
- Contain polyurethane insulation of between ten to twelve centimeters.
- Their floor is made from T-grating aluminum and has an air duct.
- Possess cooling units to regulate the temperatures.
- Reefer containers have a refrigerant 134a/R404a.
- Power connection of 380 volts or 32 amperes.
- Operating voltage of about CEE 50-6 0Hz or power of about 6 to 10 Kilowatts.
- It can be driven using a lift truck or a forklift.
- Have insulation of high-tech Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC), which ensures minimum heat leakage.
- The dehumidification range ranges between 65% to 95% of the maximum relative humidity.
- Besides, the service temperature range of the reefer container is about -30 degrees Celsius to +30 degrees Celsius.
- The magnum temperature of reefer containers is between -35 degrees Celsius to +30 degrees Celsius.
- Have an adjustable fresh air exchange from zero to 28s(km/h).
- It built a microprocessor that controls the temperature.
What is the Difference Between a Fridge Box and a Reefer Container?
Some of the differences between a fridge box and a reefer container include:
- A reefer container can hold and move a tremendous amount of refrigerated or other temperature-controlled cargo.
In contrast, a fridge box contains a minimal amount of freight, roughly two pallets.
- A reefer container can cool the temperature of cargo and ensure they stay preserved till the destination.
The fridge box maintains the desired temperature of freight during transportation once loaded onto the dry goods trailer.
- A reefer container requires technical maintenance expertise, while a fridge box is a bit easier to maintain.
- Fried boxes are very portable and are used to transport smaller amounts of cold storage products.
At the same time, reefer containers are quite significant as they offer a massive space for perishable cargo transportation over long distances.
- Reefer container prices are relatively high as compared to that of fridge boxes.
Fridge boxes are less expensive because they do not need trucks that are fully equipped.
What are the Uses of a Reefer Container?
Some of the uses of reefer containers include:
Reefer shipping container
- Transporting fruits and vegetables: reefer containers are perfect for transporting fruits and vegetables via both sea and road to hold them in vast quantities.
- Moving dairy products: they are used to transport dairy products but no for very long distances unless the products have been pasteurized.
For transportation of dairy products, most of the reefer containers are hoisted onto the dairy trucks.
- Transporting meat and poultry: meat and poultry are the second-largest products shipped by reefer containers after fruits and vegetables.
- Shipping of seafood: seafood spoils quickly, and using a reefer container to transport it ensures freshness of the cargo up to the destination.
- Reefer containers are used in the hospital sector to transport medicines that require regulated temperatures.
The boxes also help in the long-distance distribution of the medication to various destinations in massive amounts.
- Preservation of movie set props: big theaters with production equipment worth millions of dollars use reefer containers for transportation and conservation of movie set props.
- Preservation of flowers: reefer containers help in shipping flowers to various parts of the world by maintaining their freshness and preventing them from withering.
- Storage of wine: when exposed to sudden temperatures, wine can go wrong.
That is the main reason why highly specialized reefer containers are used for transporting wine across the oceans.
- Useful in military operations: military forces use reefer containers to store medicine, food, chemicals, and any other items that might get damaged when exposed to harsh climatic conditions.
- During disaster management: the ability of reefer containers to control interior temperatures makes them suitable for the storage of perishable foods, vaccines, and medicines when managing a disaster.
How can you Find the Best Deals when Buying a Reefer Container?
To obtain the best deals when buying reefer containers, you can use the following tactics:
- Conduct market research to clearly understand the reefer container market in China.
- You can buy reefer containers directly from the manufacturer.
- Buying reefer container in bulk.
- Be aware of the regulations in place as they will determine the taxes you should pay.
- To avoid incurring additional costs, research and understand the import rules of your country.
- Avoid fines by obtaining the necessary licenses for buying reefer containers on time.
- Research the reefer container market and find the appropriate supplier and manufacturer to avoid switching contracts and incur costs because of a contract breach.
- Consider the minimum order quantity required for the reefer container.
- Purchase insurance to ensure safety incase of damage en route.
- Check if drop shipping is available and shipping charges to be incurred.
- Consider involving an agent to guide you on where to find the best prices.
How does Hiring a Reefer Container compare to Buying a New one?
Choosing to hire or buy a reefer container does not have a specific formula.
The preliminary determination of the right decision to make is what you will need the reefer container for.
Some of the reasons to hire a reef container include:
- Seasonal needs; you may hire a reef container for only the times you need it for a season, which will be more economical than buying.
- On-site storage: reefer container can be hired when you need them for on-site storage as they are secure and cost-effective.
- Temporary storage: you may hire a reefer container when you need to hold of products temporarily, for example, during disaster management.
- Sporadic transport; hiring a reefer container may be appropriate if you would like to ship just a small number of products that can’t fill the entire container.
In this way, they will be consolidated with other customer’s products and shipped as one consignment.
- Easy disposal: hiring a reefer container is appropriate if you do not want to remove it after usage.
This is because once done with shipping, the user of the reefer container will take it back.
- Avoiding maintenance: hiring a reefer container will save you from the trouble of requiring ti service and maintain it as the owner will take care of that.
- Flexibility: you may hire a reefer container if you have not made up your mind on the specific kind of container that suits your needs well.
In case it doesn’t meet your requirements, you are in a better position to change it.
- Testing before buying: you may hire a reefer container to try it and ascertain it has the requirements you want.
After that, you may decide on whether to continue buying or rent your own.
Some of the reasons to buy reefer container include:
Parts of reefer container shipping
- Long term use: if you would like to use the reefer container for an extended period, it is most appropriate to buy your own.
- Customization: hired reefer containers have a limitation on the modifications you may make.
If you would like to modify your reefer container to your desire, then it is most appropriate to buy.
- Regular transportation use: if you use the reefer container to ship large quantities of goods consistently, it is most appropriate to buy.
- Convenience: having your reefer container will be very convenient for you as you can ship goods whenever you want and at any destination.
- Good investment: buying your shipping container is an excellent investment. Not only do you have to use it for your shipping, but you can also lease it to others at a fee.
Do Reefer Containers have a Warranty Period?
Most manufactures of reefer containers do not give a warranty on the box.
A few companies may provide warranties, such as a guaranty period of five years on the structure and maintenance guarantee where applicable.
What are the Limitations of Reefer Containers?
Some of the limitations of reefer containers include:
- Cost: the cost of purchasing a reefer container is relatively high though the service they provide always surpasses this.
- Route planning: at times, planning a transportation route for shipping using reefer container tends to be quite challenging when the consignment contains different customers’ products in other locations.
- Difficulty in filling consignment: containers tend to be tricky when the shipment is not loaded, leading to the incurrence of losses.
Which are the Available Areas of Application of Reefer Containers?
Some of the available areas of application of reefer container include:
- Activities and events: reefer containers may serve as storage in events such as sports events, festivals, trade fairs, and any other occasions that require perishables.
- Food industry: reefer containers serve the food industry by keeping the cooling room at the appropriate temperature and ensuring continuity of usage of perishables.
They are suitable for dairy, butcher shops, bakeries, meat and fish merchants, hospital cafeterias, and supermarkets.
- Factories and farmhouses: they are perfect cold storage for factories and farmhouses due to their ability to store large products, frozen goods, and products harvested in bulk.
- Product development and production: they contribute significantly to developing the industrial sector by providing a perfect area for testing new products.
Reefer containers fulfill this function effectively because they can stimulate different climatic conditions to bring out desired results.
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industry: reefer containers are perfect for serving as a storage unit for medicines and chemical substances that require cool temperatures.
It is also possible to conduct laboratory tests and studies that are long-term in the reefer containers’ cooling cells.
Are there ISO Standards for Reefer Containers?
Yes, there are ISO Standards for reefer containers.
Some of the ISO standards for reefer containers include:
- ISO 668: 2013: This standard specifies the external dimensions and minimal internal dimensions of reefer containers.
- ISO 9891-1 specifies the several parts and components needed to construct a reefer container.
- ISO 6346: 1995, which specifies the information needed for the correct coding, identification, and marking of any used ISO reefer container according to the manufacturer’s standard.
- ISO 1496: gives a description of the internal dimensions for the design of a reefer container.
- ISO 830:1999 was reviewed and confirmed in 2016, and it covers vocabulary used to accurately describe reefer containers.
Why use Reefer Containers Instead of Sending Items by air?
Despite an airplane being fast, the quantity of cargo that it can accommodate is relatively small compared to using a reefer container.
The freight amount sent by a reefer container via ship can be one hundred times more than that carried by the giant cargo plane.
This factor means that delivering cargo using a reefer container will be at one go compared to doing several rounds to deliver the goods via air.
Therefore, using reefer containers will save you loads of money as compared to shipping items by air.
What should be Considered in the Electrical Connection of the Reefer Container?
When connecting electricity for a reefer container, it is essential to note that the cooling unit needs a power connection of about 380 volts to 460 volts (or m2 amps, 50-60 Hz).
The electricity connection is to a C32 automatic fuse, which is specifically used for the cooling unit.
What is the Energy Consumption of a Reefer Container?
It is quite hard to summarize an exact number for the energy consumption of a reefer container as this will be dependent on factors such as:
- Condition of goods
- Nature of goods stored
- Temperature level
- The frequency rate of opening the reefer container doors
- Age of the reefer container
- Model of the cooling unit of the reefer container: newer models can be assumed to use
- Lesser energy and more economical as compared to old models
Can Humidity and Temperature be Adjusted or Controlled in a Reefer Container?
Yes, humidity and temperature levels can be controlled and adjusted in a reefer container by using a humidity sensor.
The humidity sensor is attached to the cooling chamber located close to the unit and is then fixed to a controller, enabling checking of temperature.
Here, you can adjust the temperature manually to the appropriate level.
On the other hand, there are modules for remote monitoring that you may use to adapt and monitor temperature levels.
Is there an Instruction Manual for the Reefer Container?
Yes, there is an instruction manual for each reefer container, and suppliers always send it alongside the container.
What Volume does aReefer Container have?
A reefer container of 20 ft has a volume of 28.4 cubic centimeters and room that can accommodate approximately 10-euro pallets.
40 ft reefer containers have a volume of 67.5 cubic centimeters and can accommodate about 23-euro pallets.
What should be Considered during the Setup and Unloading of a Reefer Container?
It is essential to consider the following factors during the setup and unloading of a reefer container:
- Ensure that the substrate in which the reefer container is placed is substantial, leveled, and straight.
- Do not load in lawns and soft grounds as they are not suitable for the process.
- Use pallets and reinforcement to stabilize the storage area.
- The reefer container should be at least one meter away from the wall on its aggregate side to provide aeration space.
How can a Reefer Container be Loaded or Unloaded?
You can use a forklift or crane to sustain the container type for unloading a reefer container from the truck.
Reefer shipping container
Can a Reefer Container be put in a Warehouse or Building?
Yes, you may put a reefer container in a warehouse or building.
You can achieve it by using armored rollers or container rollers to allow for easy movement.
What is a Pre-Trip Inspection (PTI)?
Pre-Trip Inspection is a type of extensive functional test performed on both the cooling unit and the entire reefer container before transportation.
The purpose of the Pre-Inspection test is to make sure that the whole reefer container is working correctly, at the correct temperature settings, it is free from any damage, and very clean.
Once the test is done and ascertained that the reefer container is okay, it is issued with a PTI-OK badge.
Whether you need reefer shipping container manufacturer, or reefer container, BanSar will help you in every stage.
Furthermore, BanSar will also help you in all freight forwarding needs.
Contact us now for more information.