A shipping container pool is a type of shipping container which is fabricated to make a swimming pool.
The box is cuboid shaped and made of steel with corrugated walls and can be relocated from one place to another.
This guide aims to give an overview of the shipping container parts, features, installation, among many other factors.
Shipping container pool
- Best Shipping Container Size for making Swimming Pool
- Part of Shipping Container Pool
- How to Fabricate Shipping Container Pool
- How Shipping Container Pool compare to Traditional Swimming Pools
- Factors Determining Cost of Shipping Container Pool
- Available Shipping Container Swimming Pool Designs
- Benefits of Shipping Container Swimming Pool
- Limitations of Shipping Container Pool
- How to Install Shipping Container Pool
- Available Sizes of Shipping Container Pool
- How Shipping Container Pool compare to Fiber Glass Pool
- Uses of Shipping Container Pool
- Features to Look for in Shipping Container Swimming Pool
- How to Prepare Site to Install Shipping Container Swimming Pool
- Choosing Filtration Systems for Shipping Container Pool
- Choosing Electrical Systems for Shipping Container Pool
- Quality Standards and Certifications Shipping Pool Should Conform to
- Necessary Permits for Installing Shipping Container Swimming Pool
- Types of Pool Cover to use in Shipping Container Swimming Pool
- How to Choose Swimming Pool Enclosure for Shipping Container Swimming Pool
- Surface Finishes for Shipping Container Pool
- Choosing Best Swimming Pool Fence for Shipping Container Pool
- Top 10 Shipping Container Pool Suppliers in China
- How to Get Best Prices of Shipping Container Swimming Pool
- Where to Buy Shipping Container Swimming Pool
- How to Transport Shipping Container Pool from China
- Documents you need to Import Shipping Container Pool
- Payable Duties and Taxes when Importing Shipping Container Pool from China
- Cost-Effective Incoterms to use when Importing Shipping Container Pool from China
- Why Freight Forwarder should help you Import Shipping Container Pool from China
- Benefits of Adding Swim Jet to Shipping Container Pool
- Difference between Swim Jet and Swim Spa
- How Shipping Container Pool compares to Inflatable Swimming Pool
- Choosing Lighting System for Shipping Container Pool
- Benefits of Shipping Container Pool with Window
- Best Material for Shipping Container Swimming Pool
- Type of Pumps for Shipping Container Pool
- Importance of Sand Filter in Shipping Container Pool
- Add-ons to Include in Shipping Container Pool
- Using Shipping Container for In-ground Pool or Above-ground Pool – How they Compare
- Essential Safety Measures for Shipping Container Pool
- Recommended Security Features for Shipping Container Pool
- How to Maintain Temperature of Shipping Container Pool
- Essential Accessories for Shipping Container Pools
- How to Reduce Cost of Shipping Container Swimming Pool Installation
- Hidden Costs of Shipping Container Pool Installation Project
- ISO Standards for Shipping Container Pool
- Factors Determining Lifespan of Shipping Container Pools
- Best Liners and Waterproofing for Shipping Container Swimming Pool?
- Necessary Permits for Installing Shipping Container Pools
- How to Maintain and Clean Shipping Container Pool?
Best Shipping Container Size for making Swimming Pool
The best shipping container sizes for making a swimming pool are two: 8feet by 20 feet and 8 feet by 40 feet.
Some shipping container pool manufacturers at times reduce the length to 12 feet to achieve an eco-friendly option.
Due to the rising innovations in modern design, you can customize your shipping container pool size in 1 increment.
Part of Shipping Container Pool
The main things that your shipping container pool should have include:
Parts of swimming container pool
Shipping Container Pool Pump
The pump is the heart of every shipping container pool, and therefore it should have a high quality and efficient pump.
The swimming pool pump helps move the pool’s waters daily through the filtering system to eliminate dirt and debris.
Passing water through filters prevents the pool waters from stagnating and inhabitation by algae and harmful bacteria.
The pumping system for the shipping container pool is located below the deck and stairs.
Shipping Container Filtration System
Shipping container pools should have a functional filtration system as they tend to harbor lots of dirt and debris, more so outdoor pools.
Also, the filtration system in a shipping container helps keep the water of the shipping container pool clean throughout.
The filtration system of a shipping container pool can be located under the deck or stairs.
Shipping Container Pool Heater
A heater in a shipping container pool helps in controlling the temperature of the water.
People living in a warm climate deem the heater unnecessary, but they can significantly benefit from it by extending the swimming season to two or three times longer.
Most shipping container pools come with already installed heating systems, as the cost in most cases is inclusive of this feature.
It is essential to ascertain that the heater is of good quality and works appropriately once you receive the shipping container pool.
Choose the appropriate type of heater that you prefer as the shipping container pools are fitted with different heater types.
The different types of heaters include:
- Electric heater
- Gas heater
- Propane heater
- Solar heater
Child Safety Door
This is a vital component of a shipping container pool, and manufacturers always ensure that it doesn’t miss safety reasons.
It provides restricted access to the shipping container pool because once locked, children and pets cannot get into the pool unsupervised.
Shipping Container Pool Liner
It is a membrane that covers the pool’s interior surfaces and helps in holding and containing pool waters.
They also assist in making shipping container pools watertight.
The shipping container pool liners could be vinyl, watertight welding, and paint or layers of plywood.
At times extra layers of steel that have been rust treated are also used in some shipping container pools.
Shipping Container Pool Stairs
Shipping container pools above the ground have stairs leading up to the container pool for easy entry to and exit from the collection.
The stair’s material can be concrete, steel, or wooden, and you may choose the design of the stairs that you prefer.
Shipping Container Pool Control System
Shipping container pool control system is a system that allows you to control the filters, pool pump, and electrical system from your mobile device.
Due to modern innovations, some shipping container pools can now be maintained with an automatic pool control system in mobile app form.
Shipping Container Poolside Window
The window in a shipping container pool might be a design feature or can be used for safety reasons to monitor kids in the container pool.
How to Fabricate Shipping Container Pool
The fabrication process of a shipping container pool entails the following steps:
- First, establish the requirements for depth, fencing, and any other measures before deciding on the shipping container pool’s size.
- Consult a structural engineer to assist in the process of designing and planning the shipping container pool.
- Select the suitable dimensions for your shipping container pool and cut according to the design. Ensure that sharp edges are covered.
- Line the shipping pool container with plywood and watertight welding and an additional steel layer internally to make it waterproof.
- Install water plumbing features like pipes, filters, and pumps to the shipping container pool. Put into consideration the sources for power supply, water supply, and drainage.
- In case a jacuzzi is needed in the shipping pool container, construct a divider made of durable, resistant plastics on the inside. It will help to separate the pool and the hot tub.
- Construct a concrete slab or use 20 centimeters of gravel to make a proper pool bed for the shipping container pool.
- Use a layer of limestone to protect the soil under the shipping container pool.
- The shipping pool container fabrication process may take about six to eight weeks.
How Shipping Container Pool compare to Traditional Swimming Pools
Traditional swimming pool
Shipping container pool
Below is the comparison between a shipping container pool and a traditional swimming pool:
- Swimming pool price: research on the merits of the two swimming pools shows that shipping container pools are the ultimate poll option for saving on costs.
- Flexibility: shipping container pools are moveable and can be relocated from one point to another. Traditional swimming pools cannot be moved. Thus, you can never be able to relocate them.
- Versatility: shipping container pools are more versatile in comparison to traditional banks. However, both pools can be designed to suit the size, shape, and custom features.
- Installation process: shipping container pools are more comfortable to install as the main thing needed is to put the container pool at a suitable location after site preparation. On the other hand, traditional pools require building the foundation from scratch up to the end, which involves a lot of time and effort.
- Ease and speed of construction: construction of a shipping container pool is faster and more comfortable than building a traditional swimming pool.
- Swimming pool safety: shipping container pools are constructed with safety features such as stairs, child safety doors, and even covers. On the other hand, traditional swimming pools have safety features like retractable swimming pool enclosures, alarm systems, and pool fences.
Factors Determining Cost of Shipping Container Pool
The cost of a shipping container pool varies due to several factors, which include:
- The shape of the shipping container pool.
- Shipping container pool accessories.
- Size of the shipping container pool.
- Type of the finishing materials.
- Delivery location of the shipping container pool.
- Customizable features of the shipping container pool.
Shipping container swimming pool
Available Shipping Container Swimming Pool Designs
Some of the shipping container swimming pool designs include:
- Buying custom made container swimming pool: you may have your shipping container pool made to suit your specifications.
The shipping container pool should be within your specific needs and budget.
- Buying an existing container swimming pool: you may purchase an already existing design of a shipping container pool, which is much more comfortable.
- Building your container swimming pool: you may create the poo, by yourself and include all the features you prefer.
- Stationing a shipping pool container in the backyard and using a beautiful wooden decking around it.
- Erecting a fully functional filtration system, auto pool control system, child safety doors, lockers, and stairs.
- Using creative windows on the sides to enable swimmers to peep out when swimming.
Benefits of Shipping Container Swimming Pool
Some of the benefits of shipping container pool include:
- Easy to set up and install: shipping container pool comes with all the basic units such as heating, electrical, and plumbing systems already installed.
The only thing you need to do is to get the foundations ready, and you are good to go.
- Customizable for more stylish shapes and designs: shipping container pool can be adjusted to meet your specifications in its style and functionality.
- Affordable: shipping container pools are more affordable than concrete traditional swimming pools, thus helping in cost-cutting.
- Durable: shipping container pools have an exterior that is very tough as they are made from prefabricated steel, which is stable. The shipping pool container can withstand harsh weather conditions like earthquakes and hurricanes.
- Installation flexibility: shipping container pools guarantee flexibility in installation as they are moveable and easily transported.
- Stylish: shipping container pools have a sleek and modern design, which is very beautiful. Many people nowadays are using container pools for aesthetic reasons.
Limitations of Shipping Container Pool
Some of the limitations of shipping container pools include:
- Can be expensive: shipping container pools at the time might be just as expensive if not more costly than traditional banks.
This is because larger shipping pool containers might cost even above $40,000 to buy, set up, and install.
- Shipping container pool is not for everyone: not everyone prefers a shipping container pool, and many pool owners prefer designs that are wider and more creative. At times people compare the cost of larger container pools and desire to build a traditional swimming pool.
- Above the ground shipping pool containers may only one entry and exit point, which might be a challenge during maintenance.
- They are all the same shape: shipping container pools are rectangular and narrow, and this only suits laps and not suitable for floating and playing.
- Quality is not guaranteed: shipping container pools are made waterproof using waterproof paint, fiberglass shell, vinyl liner, or spraying concrete. If the gel coat is applied poorly at one point in time, you may end up with spider cracks, expensive and hard to fix.
- Vulnerable to corrosion: shipping container pools do not work well with salt systems.
- The shipping container pool might be expensive to heat and cool if it is located above the ground.
How to Install Shipping Container Pool
The installation process of the shipping container pool entails:
- First, it is essential to obtain planning permission from your local council and inspect any fencing regulations, depth, and other arising factors.
- You may get someone with a structural engineering background to assist with planning.
- Water is quite heavy, and thus, it is essential to ensure that the shipping container pool is strengthened to accommodate the weight.
Shipping container pools are designed to hold their weight on the corners and base of the structure.
- Decide on the height that you prefer for the shipping container pool and cut to size.
- Reinforce the shipping container pool’s structure on the edges by lipping around them to cover any sharp edges.
- Make the container watertight by adding a layer to keep the container pool full. You can achieve this through waterproof welding and adding a steel layer inside the box.
- Rust treat and paint the inside and outside of the shipping container pool.
- Add filters, pumps, and intake pipes onto the shipping container pool. Consult with your local pool company on the appropriate way to approach this concerning power supply, water supply, and drainage.
- Finally, install your shipping container pool, and you are ready to go.
Available Sizes of Shipping Container Pool
Shipping container pools come in the following standard sizes:
- Shipping container pool of 8 by 20-inch depth: this has a width of 8’2” and a length of 20’3.
- Shipping container pool of 8 by 40-inch depth: this has a width of 8’2” and a length of 40’3.
How Shipping Container Pool compare to Fiber Glass Pool
Shipping container pool compares to fiberglass pool in the following ways:
Fiberglass swimming pool
Shipping container swimming pool
- Installation: most shipping containers are installed above the ground, and the entire process of building them is done offsite, thus no dealing with lengthy construction.
On the other hand, a fiberglass pool is installed 90% inground, and most of their building process happens at the manufacturer’s location.
- Interior finish: the interior finish of shipping container pool is in four main choices for container pool builders, and they include:
a. Fiberglass insert.
b. Vinyl liner.
c. Concrete and plaster.
d. Epoxy and elastic polymer.
On the other hand, a fiberglass pool’s finish is a gel coat finish, and it is resistant to algae, durable, and smooth.
- Shape: shipping container pool’s body is either rectangle or square, while fiberglass pools are available in various conditions; roman end, rectangle, and freeform.
- Size: shipping pool containers are about 40 feet long and 8 feet wide for larger boxes, and eight by 12 feet for smaller container pools. On the other hand, a fiberglass pool is 40 feet long and 16 feet wide for most models.
- Features: shipping container pool may have bench seating and glass features where windows are installed on the sides of the container pool.
Fiberglass pools have already built features like tanning edges, bench seating, spas, and bench entry.
- Sanitation: fiberglass pool mainly uses the sanitation method of either salt systems or traditional chlorine.
On the other hand, Shipping container pools mostly use chlorine in sanitation as the salt systems may speed up corrosion on the container’s metal parts.
- Warranty: the warranty of shipping container pools tends to be shorter than that of fiberglass pools. Fiberglass pools’ securities tend to last for a long time or even a lifetime, and their warranty for the surface is either ten or more years.
- Mobility: shipping container pools are moveable and thus can be relocated from one point to another. On the contrary, fiberglass pools can’t be moved once installed in the ground and fixed onto the surrounding concrete unit.
- Cost: small shipping pool container may cost about $17000 and below, while larger ones may cost $40,000 and above.
On the other hand, fiberglass pools price is higher than that of shipping container pool as the average price range is between $40,000 to $85,000.
Uses of Shipping Container Pool
Shipping container pools can be great for:
- Family fun.
- Aquatic exercise.
- Physical therapy.
- Water running.
- Water walking.
- Post-surgery rehabilitation.
- Marathon cross-training.
Features to Look for in Shipping Container Swimming Pool
Some of the features to look for in shipping container pool include:
- Container pool covers ascertain if the shipping container pools have pool covers for safety reasons. You may order the pool covers alongside your shipment.
- Cost: look at the expense of buying the shipping container and inquire if it’s inclusive of the delivery and affordable.
- Site preparations: consider what adjustments you need to make before the arrival of the shipping container pool.
- Analyze the corners and ascertain that they are not sharp for safety reasons.
- Ensure the material of the shipping pool container and ascertain that it is coated to prevent rusting.
- The shipping pool container should be watertight.
How to Prepare Site to Install Shipping Container Swimming Pool
You may prepare the site for the shipping container pool in the following ways:
- First, plan on the appropriate location where you would like to place the shipping container pool.
- Level out an area slightly more significant than the shipping pool container itself with crushed rock or a slab of 100 mills.
- In case your property is sloping, it is essential to involve a builder, engineer, or surveyor to construct the structure.
Choosing Filtration Systems for Shipping Container Pool
The filtration systems for shipping pool container include:
- High-quality salt chlorinator: this filtration systems make the water gentler on the eyes and softer on the skin.
- Mineral magnesium does not have a strong odor or taste and gives a softer feel to water in the shipping container pool. This mineral has benefits to the human body and enhances the bathing experience.
- Ozone XLM with PH control: this filtration system is a sanitizer with adequate sanitation and an oxidizer. It works through ensuring water balance and PH control against pathogens and bacteria in the shipping pool container.
Choosing Electrical Systems for Shipping Container Pool
For electrical systems, choose three by 10amp double power points and ensure that a qualified electrician installs them.
It is essential to ask the electrician to provide light in the filtration area.
Quality Standards and Certifications Shipping Pool Should Conform to
It is your responsibility to make sure that the pool complies with the requirements of the local council of your area.
Most regulations are directed toward the container pool fencing and the swimming pool water.
Legally, container pool fencing should not exceed the outside of the container; over 1200mmhigh.
If, in any case, you are using a boundary fence, it needs to be 1800mm high.
It is also a legal requirement that the shipping container pool is 900mm clear of any climb age areas.
Some of the quality standards for shipping container pool include:
- IS 3328: 1993- It prescribes that the water used in shipping container pools should be quality tolerant to ensure continuous circulation. The main water tolerances include:
a. Physical: clearness of the water.
Necessary Permits for Installing Shipping Container Swimming Pool
A pool permit is essential in shipping container pool safety and barriers. You should check with your local council to establish the appropriate permits for your location.
It is safe to know that you will need approval for the shipping container pool and the foundation and other utilities’ construction.
There are exceptionally essential ru.es and regulations all over the world governing the construction of pools.
Types of Pool Cover to use in Shipping Container Swimming Pool
Some of the types of pool covers include:
- Thermo Tech Cover with stainless steel roller: this is constructed from 4.5 mm thick cross-linked polyolefin foam between two layers of stabilized polyethylene. It is available in opaque blue color and covers the pool’s surface effectively, thus stopping evaporation.
- Micro illusion transparent with stainless steel roller: this absorbs the sun’s rays, effectively allowing them to pass through and warm the pool up to about 8 degrees warmer. It also protects the pool from dirt.
How to Choose Swimming Pool Enclosure for Shipping Container Swimming Pool
Some of the factors to consider when choosing a swimming pool enclosure for a shipping container pool include:
High profile swimming pool enclosure
- Maintenance: the enclosure should protect the shipping container pool from harsh environmental conditions like debris, wind, acid rain, UV radiation, and snow.
- Ease of opening and closing: the shipping container pool enclosure should open and close seamlessly by sliding on a rail installed on the deck. This will enable easy opening during warm weather and closure during cold weather.
- Child safety features: the shipping container pool should have a locking mechanism to avoid accidents of kids or animals drowning in the pool.
- Material: ensure that the swimming pool enclosure should consist of polycarbonate sheets and extruded aluminum to guarantee a longer life span.
- Prevention of evaporation: when temperatures are high, water tends to evaporate, and therefore it is essential to choose a swimming pool enclosure that will curb this.
- Heat insulation: select a swimming pool enclosure that can reflect the sun’s rays and heat the water, especially during winter. The heat will be trapped in the shipping pool container as polycarbonate is a good insulator.
Surface Finishes for Shipping Container Pool
Available surface finishing options for shipping container pool include:
- Fiberglass reinforcement: Some shipping container pools are made of strong polyester resin, which is reinforced using fiberglass to provide a wall that has a smooth texture. These create a challenging and waterproof surface that is easy to clean and an inner space that is scratch resistant.
- Prefabricated steel: The shipping container pool’s exterior is made up of prefabricated steel welded together to form a very tough pool container.
- Vinyl liner: The shipping container pool’s interior is covered by a swimming pool liner known as a vinyl liner.
This could be plywood layers or watertight welding and paint—this kind of membrane that covers the shipping container pool’s entire interior surface.
- Painting: the shipping container pool is painted to prevent the steel layers from rusting.
Choosing Best Swimming Pool Fence for Shipping Container Pool
Figure 9 Swimming pool fence
Some of the factors to consider when choosing the best swimming pool fence include:
- Location: a perfect fence for a shipping container pool should surround the pool.
- Size: the fence should be at least 4 feet high and even 5 feet if possible.
- If, in any case, the house serves as one barrier to the swimming pool, install door alarms on all doors used to get to the pool area. The doors should be self-closing and the locks located beyond the reach of children.
Top 10 Shipping Container Pool Suppliers in China
Suppliers of shipping container pool in China include:
- Excelite Pool Enclosure Factory
- Guangzhou Perfect dream modular house company limited.
- Foshan Nanhai Halo company limited.
- Suzhou Zhongnan steel structure company limited.
- Guangdong Cbox company limited.
- Tianjin Zhonjie Jinchen Import and export trade company limited.
- Sichuan Villawo Lighthouse Technology Company Limited.
- ACE Container and parts company limited.
- Dongguan Vanhe Modular House Company Limited.
- China Chengdu Yuwen Company Limited.
How to Get Best Prices of Shipping Container Swimming Pool
You may get the best prices for shipping container pool through the following ways:
- Choosing an agent to guide you on the best prices that you may find around.
- Analyzing the shipping charges to establish if the delivery cost is inclusive.
- Buying directly from the manufacturer.
- Finding discounted suppliers
- Conducting market research before importing the shipping container pool.
- Negotiating volume discounts in exchange for loyalty to get quantity discounts.
- Buying shipping container pools in bulk.
- Using third parties for the shipping container pool insurance.
- Checking out offers from suppliers you buy from and taking advantage of that.
- Familiarizing with the import rules of your country to avoid spending on unnecessary expenses.
- Going prepaid: prepaying for your products at times can get you at least 20% off the shipping costs.
- Obtain the necessary licenses to obtain incurring costs as a result of fines.
Where to Buy Shipping Container Swimming Pool
Some of the places you may buy shipping container pool include:
- You may contact the factory and buy directly from there.
- Buy from online market places such as Alibaba.
- The manufacturers of shipping container pool do trade fairs.
- Agents, buying brokers, and sourcing companies in China.
- Use google search especially googles maps, to locate suppliers of shipping container pools.
- Through referrals by people who have bought shipping container pool.
- Using catalogs.
How to Transport Shipping Container Pool from China
Some of the methods of transporting shipping container pool from China include:
- Tilt bed truck: it is used when the shipping container pool should be moved less than 200 miles away. The container pool is offloaded by slightly tilting the car and thus does not require additional offloading costs.
- Flatbed truck: this is used to move the shipping container pool for a distance exceeding 200 miles. The shipping container pool will need to be offloaded using a crane or forklift.
- Shipping container pool transport by train: rail can also be used to transport the shipping container pool if the places of origin and destination are near rail lines.
- Shipping container transport by sea: shipping containers from China are majorly transported overseas using ships. This procedure entails adhering to many rules and regulations, and it is essential to make sure you comply.
Documents you need to Import Shipping Container Pool.
Some of the documents needed to import shipping container pool include:
Shipping container swimming pool
1) Pro Forma Invoice
A pro forma invoice is a document that resembles a commercial invoice. In an international transaction, a pro forma invoice enables the international prospect to arrange for financing by opening a credit letter to obtain a proper import license.
A proforma invoice specifies the following:
Pro forma invoice
- The buyer and the seller.
- A detailed description of the goods.
- The price of the shipping container pools.
- Harmonized system classification of the goods.
- Payment terms.
- Delivery details.
- Currency used.
The pro forma invoice must have a date and an inclusive expiration date.
2) Commercial Invoice
This document is prepared once the pro forma invoice has been sent to the prospect, an order has been made, and you need to qualify your goods for shipping.
Commercial invoice gives details of the entire export transaction from the beginning to the end.
Having a commercial invoice will mean that you already have additional information like purchase order number and banking and payment information.
It is essential to include necessary information on marine insurance or any other details to ensure efficiency in delivering the shipping container pool.
Information contained in the commercial invoice includes:
- Description of goods.
- Tax identification numbers of both seller and buyer and their information.
- HS code.
- Currency to be used.
- Exportation date.
- The number of bills of lading.
- Instructions for payment.
- The destination of the goods.
- Delivery terms.
3) Packing List
The packing list identifies the items in a shipment, their net and gross weight, and the shipping container’s dimensions in metric measurements.
The importance of a packing list in shipping container pools includes:
- It informs all the parties involved in the importation process about the contents of the baggage.
- When the buyer confirms the number of goods received, it can be used as a guide.
- The packing list is essential in booking space for shipping goods with international carriers.
- The details in the packing list make it possible to obtain a certificate of origin.
- Serves as proof for an inland bill of lading.
- It also ascertains any available markings on the packages and any special handling instructions to ensure the container pools are delivered safely.
Information provided in the packing list includes:
- Each package’s quantity.
- The number of commercial invoices.
- A detailed description of each package.
- Delivery destination.
- Contact address of the Consignee.
- Details and contact of the shipper.
4) Certificate of Origin
Certificate of origin
Most countries require a certificate of origin to establish where the shipping container pools originated from.
The sources of the source should be signed and stamped by an official organization in the country of origin of the shipping container pools at a fee.
At times it is a requirement that the certificate of origin is included in the original description in the commercial invoice.
Situations that you may need the certificate of origin include:
- When an importer needs it
- During the shipping process, when customs order it.
- To meet the country’s requirements.
Information that must be stated in a certificate of origin include:
- Mode of transport
- HS code about customs declaration.
- Exporter details.
- Number, quantity, and the packages type.
- The number of the certificate.
- Invoice number and date.
There are two types of certificates of origin, namely:
- A non-preferential certificate of origin specifies where they processed the goods, but the goods do not qualify for exceptional treatment.
- Preferential certificate of origin: this will state the manufactured goods’ location with some trade agreement with your country.
5) Shipper’s Letter of Instruction
This document is provided to a freight forwarder, and it contains all the necessary information to move your shipping container pools.
It is a sort of memo for the entire paperwork for export.
Freight forwarders are among the most influential people you will work with within the entire shipment process.
They must arrange the shipping container pools with the carrier and ready all the necessary documents for customs clearance.
6) Bill of Lading
Bill of lading
The Bill of landing is a document that will give you details of a shipment of merchandise.
It states the goods’ title and requires that the cargo be released in a specified port.
The Bill of landing is issued to you by the shipping company, and you can use it as proof of shipment for insurance companies and customs.
You can also deliver it to the bank as proof so that the seller can execute the letter of credit.
This document can also be sent to you as the buyer to pay off the contract.
The various types of lading documents include:
- Inland bill of lading
- Ocean bill of lading
- Airway bill of lading
7) Insurance Certificate
It is issued by the insurance company to show that the exporter has insured their goods against damages by purchasing an insurance policy.
8) Export License
It is an official document issued by the government to exporters to ship certain quantities of specific items.
It is a particular requirement for some countries, while it is required on particular conditions for some.
Payable Duties and Taxes when Importing Shipping Container Pool from China
Shipping container pool
China has enacted several regulations to reduce import and export taxes and duties to increase openness and domestic consumption.
Payable taxes when importing shipping container pool from China include:
- Value-added tax for imported goods: a surcharge of 13% tax is made on manufactured goods, including the shipping container pool.
- Consumption tax for imported goods: China’s consumption tax comprises companies who manufacture taxable import products.
Custom duties when importing shipping container pool from China include:
a) Import Duties
The rates of customs duty on imports include:
- Conventional duty rates.
- Special preferential duty rates.
- Most-favored-nation duty (MFN)rates
- General Duty Rates.
- Tariff rate quota (TRQ) duty rates.
- Provisional duty rates.
b) Export Duties
These are only imposed on products that are semi-manufactured and very few resource products.
Cost-Effective Incoterms to use when Importing Shipping Container Pool from China
Some of the cost-effective incoterms when importing shipping container pool from China include:
Free on Board (FOB)
FOB is a type of incoterm where the seller should bring the goods from the point of origin to the port and clears them for export.
The seller will also ensure the goods are loaded onto the ship, which the buyer requested, and the buyer will only assume risk once the shipping process commences.
Ex Works (EXW)
In this incoterm, the seller will avail the goods at a place specified by the buyer: the seller’s warehouse/works/premises/factory and the stated time.
The seller’s obligation is fulfilled, and the buyer will have to load the goods on the right transportation mode and clear the goods for export.
This incoterm is cost-effective as the parties can arrange and agree on the seller to load the goods and assume all the loading risks.
Cost Insurance and Freight (CIF)
In this, the seller assumes the risk of the shipping container pools, and I should cater to insurance of the goods during transportation.
Free Carrier (FCA)
FCA states that the seller completes his obligation of delivery after he has handed over the goods already cleared for export to the buyer’s carrier at a specified place.
Why Freight Forwarder should help you Import Shipping Container Pool from China
Freight forwarders should help you in importing shipping container pool from China due to the following reasons:
- Freight forwarders will provide you with the confidence to import shipping container pools from new markets as they will assist in shipping them effectively.
- The use of freight forwarders will save you the hustle of focusing on the complex transport and customs procedures.
- They will ensure your shipping container pool shipment is insured from loss or damage as they supply insurance.
- You must use a freight forwarder as they can leverage their buying power to reduce transport costs.
- Freight forwarders will help you move the shipment from China to your location in the most effective method.
- Freight forwarders will smoothen your shipping container pool passage through the series of processes and regulations required by different countries.
- Freight forwarders are experts in the logistics process and will contract the shipping lines, or haulers on your behalf.
Benefits of Adding Swim Jet to Shipping Container Pool
Some of the benefits of swim jet include:
Above ground shipping container pool
In-ground shipping container pool
- Swim jet provides a high water flow to swim against because it has a high powered pump.
- It has jet flow control in three settings, and these can change your shipping container pool from leisure to a collection used for sports exercises.
- Cost: swim jets are relatively affordable as even the best ones cost less than $8,000
Difference between Swim Jet and Swim Spa
Some of the differences between swim jet and swim spa include:
- The main difference between a swim jet and a swim spa is that a swim jet provides a stringer flow of water for exercises. On the other hand, the Swim Spa is smaller and has a weak water flow that creates bubbles.
- Swim jets can be installed in any pool, while swim spas are premanufactured, majorly for fiberglass pools.
How Shipping Container Pool compares to Inflatable Swimming Pool
Shipping container pool
Inflatable swimming pool
- Installation: most shipping container pool are installed above the ground, but few people construct a hole on the floor and install them. Inflatable swimming pools are placed above the ground, mostly on grass, inflated and then filled with water.
- Shape: shipping container pools are available in rectangular and square shapes, while inflatable swimming pools tend to be rectangular, circular, or oval-shaped.
- Size: the width of inflatable swimming pools is about 10 to 13 feet and a depth of about 4 feet. Shipping pool containers are about 40 feet long and 8 feet wide for larger boxes, and eight by 12 feet for smaller container pools.
- Material: shipping container pools are made of a tough exterior of prefabricated steel, which is welded together. On the other hand, inflatable swimming pools are made from a puncture-resistant vinyl material, which is very thick and forms an airtight seal.
Choosing Lighting System for Shipping Container Pool
When choosing a lighting system for a shipping container pool, ensure that they are very bright, have an extended life, and are energy efficient.
The lighting system’s colors should be available in other fixed colors like the blue, white, or green and multicolor option.
The integrated selection palette for colors should allow users to select from a wide range of colors they prefer through programming modes using a remote.
There are two main lighting options, and these include:
- Single multicolored LED light with remote.
- Double multicolored Led light with remote.
Benefits of Shipping Container Pool with Window
Shipping container swimming pool with window
Some of the benefits of shipping container pool window include:
- It makes the shipping container pool less ‘normal’ by adding an aesthetic value.
- The window is used as a safety feature to assist in monitoring kids in the pool.
- Used as a design feature to suit client’s specific preferences.
Best Material for Shipping Container Swimming Pool
Shipping container pool is made from prefabricated steel, which is welded together to grant it a callous exterior.
The interior of the shipping container pool is lined using a vinyl liner, plywood layers, or watertight welding and paint to make it waterproof.
Type of Pumps for Shipping Container Pool
The types of pumps for shipping container pool include:
- Variable speed pumps: they help save energy as they can move water efficiently at very low speeds.
- Silent flow pump: this is a high-efficiency pump that is ultra-quiet, self-priming, and has a medium head.
Importance of Sand Filter in Shipping Container Pool
Some of the benefits of sand filters in shipping container pool include:
- Sand filters are made to provide maximum performance to the shipping container pool. This is because the water filters via the entire bed of sand to make the water sparkling clear.
- They are designed for use in all types of a pool; both domestic and residential, so long as they have water that is correctly sanitized.
- Require low maintenance, thus help in cost saving when used in shipping container pool.
- Ensure smooth operation of the valve at the multiport when rotation to serve its functions.
Add-ons to Include in Shipping Container Pool
Some of the add-ons to include in a shipping container pool include:
- The separate concrete border around the shipping container pool: concrete is the most affordable patio option and coping in the shipping container pool. It creates an elegant contrast for the shipping container pool that is installed in-ground.
- Automatic shipping container pool vacuum: it saves the hustle of cleaning the shipping container pool daily or weekly. Types of automatic vacuums include suction side cleaners, robotic cleaners, and pressure-side cleaners.
- Bubblers in the tanning ledge: the give the shipping container pool auditory experience and visual aesthetics.
- Cascades: this is a little waterfall about 12 to 18 inches wide that can be used as a decorative structure. The average cascade price is $ 1,000.
- Shipping container poolside planter designed for location beside the pool. They cost about $300 to $700 depending on what you select to suit your specifications.
- Jets in bench seats: they give a spa-like feel to your shipping container pool. They cost about $400.
Using Shipping Container for In-ground Pool or Above-ground Pool – How they Compare
Here are some points to consider when comparing inground pool and above the ground pool:
In ground shipping container swimming pool
Above ground shipping container swimming pool
- Cost: in-ground shipping container pools cost about $30,00 to $ 70,000 and last for many years. Above the ground shipping container pools, on the other hand, cost between $4000 to $12,000 without including the deck cost and last between 7 to 15 years.
- Size: above the ground shipping container pools tend to be larger than inground shipping container pools.
- Maintenance: maintenance procedures for in ground shipping container pool and above the ground shipping container pools do not have many differences. However, where a deck lacks above the ground shipping container pools may prove a big challenge.
- Longevity: the ground shipping container last between 7 to 15 years, and their liners last about 5 to 9 years before replacement. In-ground shipping container pools’ longevity depends on the type of the collection and they, last for about 20 years.
Essential Safety Measures for Shipping Container Pool
The safety measures that you should follow for shipping container pools include;
- Installation of pool safety fence that is self-closing and self-locking.
- Installing of a pool safety gate.
- A pool safety cover is essential in ensuring that children or animals cannot slip in the pools and drown.
- Another safety measure is installing a pool safety net to prevent children and pets from crawling between the net and the pool.
- Pool safety alarms are also an ideal safety measure necessary when installing a shipping container pool.
- If you have an extra budget, it is essential to install pool security cameras as an additional safety measure.
- You can also utilize pool safety accessories to ensure that safety standards are met. Some of the pool safety accessories include;
- Pool safety rope.
- Pool mats.
- Pool signs.
- First aid kits.
- Life ring.
Recommended Security Features for Shipping Container Pool
Some of the security features for shipping container pools include:
- Pool alarms.
- Perimeter fences.
- Safety nets.
- Safety covers.
- Underwater motion alarms.
- Personal immersion detector.
- Floating motion sensors.
- Portable pool fence.
- Pool covers
- Animal/pet safety equipment.
- Emergency supplies.
How to Maintain Temperature of Shipping Container Pool
You can maintain the temperature of the shipping container pool by using heat pumps.
Most of the heat pumps available in the market use renewable energy, enabling you to save electricity consumption costs.
Heat pumps are ideal because they can be used both in the swimming pool’s cooling and heating.
Essential Accessories for Shipping Container Pools
Some of the essential shipping container pools accessories include:
- Automated control.
- Tanning ledges, tanning shelves, or Baja ledges.
- Pool ladders, stairs, and rails.
- Fire bowls and fire pits.
- Pool lighting.
- Automatic vacuum cleaners.
- Spas, wet decks, and wading.
- Lead cleaning rakes and skimmers.
- Waterline tile.
- Poolside items.
- Pools side items.
- Pool heaters.
- Salt chlorine generators.
- Pool covers.
- Diving boards and slides.
- Water features.
How to Reduce Cost of Shipping Container Swimming Pool Installation
It is essential to use the most cost-effective ways of reducing the costs of shipping container pool installation.
As much as you choose cost-effective means of building, it is necessary to ensure the installation process’s quality.
Some of the ways you can reduce the cost of your shipping container pool installation include:
- Install the pool heater later because it is an added cost, which is not necessary.
- Add more patio later if you are on a strict budget.
- Work with the money you have in getting the right size of your shipping container pool.
- You can install the pump for the slide or water feature later on. It is not necessary to squeeze it in on your limited budget.
- You can always install the shipping container pool cover at the end of the season. This will save you on the installation and operation budget.
Hidden Costs of Shipping Container Pool Installation Project
The hidden costs of shipping container pool installation include:
- Dirt hauling: construction of in-ground shipping container pools has large amounts of dirt that need to be hauled away.
- Electrical: shipping container pool installers charge electrical work differently from their standard package. The more complicated the electrical work, the more money you will pay.
- Retaining walls: these are important in ensuring efficient draining of the pool and extremely expensive to construct.
- Landscaping: you will undoubtedly need landscaping services after installing shipping container pools. Note that landscaping services do not come in cheap.
- Extra concrete: any installation of a shipping container pool will need extra concrete for laying the foundation and aesthetic constructions.
- Fencing: it is essential to factor in the fencing costs before installing the shipping container pool. It is because, at one time or the other, you will be required to fence the pool.
ISO Standards for Shipping Container Pool
Some of the standards for shipping container pool include:
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- PTA standards
- ISO 20380:2017
- ISO 20380: 2018 EUROPEAN STANDARDS
- SIST EN 16582-1:2015
- EN ISO 20380:2017
- ANSI/APSP-7 2006 National Standard
- NSF/ANSI Standard 50
- NSF/ANSI Standard 60.
- ISO/DIS 20380(en)
It is also essential to factor in the used shipping containers ISO standards before turning them to shipping container pools.
Some of these standards include:
- ISO 6346: 1995, which specifies the information needed for the correct coding, identification, and marking of any used ISO container according to the manufacturer’s standard.
- ISO 830:1999 was reviewed and confirmed in 2016, and it covers vocabulary used to describe used shipping containers accurately.
- ISO 9891-1 specifies the several parts and components needed to construct a used shipping container.
- ISO 1496: gives a description of the internal dimensions for the design of a used shipping container.
- ISO 668: 2013: This standard is for the general purpose used shipping containers and specifies their external dimensions and minimal internal dimensions
Factors Determining Lifespan of Shipping Container Pools
The lifespan of shipping container pools depends on how they are built. Below ground pools last longer compared to above ground pools.
The material used to line the shipping container will also determine the lifespan of the shipping container pool.
Fiberglass pools have a longer lifespan compared to pools with vinyl liners or concrete pools.
Some of the other factors that will determine the lifespan of your shipping container pool include:
- Shell of the swimming pool.
- Swimming pool cover
- Swimming pool filter.
- Pump and it is cover.
- Shipping container pool water heater.
- Vinyl lining of the pool.
- Concrete is used for the lining of the pool.
- Fiberglass is used on the shipping container pools.
- Maintenance modules for the shipping container pool.
Best Liners and Waterproofing for Shipping Container Swimming Pool?
In choosing the best liners and waterproofing material for a shipping container swimming pool, you should consider the following:
- The color of the pool liner will determine your shipping container swimming pool’s theme.
- Pattern: the color of the liner usually determines the design of the liner.
- Texture: embossed vinyl pool liners are the most commonly used in swimming pools.
- Warranty: ensure that the pool liners come with warranties, especially for repairs and maintenance.
Some of the best liners and waterproofing for shipping container pools include:
Interior of shipping container swimming pool
- ISOMAT AK-25 High performance, ultra-flexible, polymer-modified adhesive C2 TE S2.
- ISOMAT AK-ELASTIC High performance, two-component, elastic tile adhesive C2E S2.
- ADIPLAST Polymer latex for multiple improvements of mortars.
- FIBERGLASS MESH Fiberglass mesh for reinforcing waterproofing layers.
- MULTI FULL-EPOXY THIXO Two-component epoxy grout and tile adhesive.
- DUROCRET-PLUS Fiber-reinforced, polymer-modified, cementitious repair mortar.
- RAPICRET Rapid-setting, polymer-modified repair mortar.
- AQUAMAN-ELASTIC Two-component, highly flexible, waterproofing cement-based slurry.
- AQUAMAN-ADMIX Crystalline waterproofing admixture.
- PLASTIPROOF Plasticizing/water-reducing admixture for concrete.
- ISOMAT AK-22 High performance, extra flexible, polymer-modified adhesive C2 TE S1.
Necessary Permits for Installing Shipping Container Pools
Before you start installing shipping container pools, you should be aware of the governing regulations and the necessary permits.
Before you start the installation of the shipping container, be sure to familiarize yourself with the following:
- Ensure that you are aware of the local permits required.
- Talk with the relevant community leaders such as the Homeowners Association to avoid contravening community policies.
- Check the local ordinances such as the required pool pumps noise levels.
- Ensure that you liaise with the local safety inspectors before the start of the pool installation.
- Get inspected before, during, and after the installation of the shipping container pool.
Some of the permits that you might require include:
- Construction permits.
- Spa and hot tub permits
- Electrical permits
- Plumbing permits
- Tree removal permit
- Masonry wall or fencing permit
How to Maintain and Clean Shipping Container Pool?
Shipping container pools are maintained and cleaned more or the same as any other regular swimming pool.
It is prudent to ensure that all the container pool components work well and are free from germs.
Ensure that you carry out routine pool water maintenance, which is very important.
Some of the steps you can follow to ensure the shipping container pool is clean includes:
- Ensure that you carry out water tests regularly so as to ensure the pool chemistry is up to the required standards.
- Measure the optimal pH levels. The pH levels should be kept between 7.2 and 7.8. a medium of 7.4 is the ideal Ph level for swimmers.
- To avoid scum lines on the swimming pool walls, ensure that regular checks and balances maintain the Ph level.
- To ensure that the water stays clean, always empty the skimmer basket.
- Components such as hair and lint pot inside the container pool pump need regular cleaning. Ensure the hair and lint pots are cleaned regularly.
- It is essential to ensure that your swimming container pool’s water levels are at the required water level. The recommended level is at the center level of the skimmer.
- Ensure that the chlorine levels are at the required chlorine tablet levels. You should be able to achieve this by checking the chlorinator regularly.
- Some swimming container pools are installed with an ozone generator. It is prudent to check it regularly and ensure it works well.
- It is essential to limit shocking the pool, and if need be, you should carry out the shocking at night when the collection is not in use.
- Check the salt pool chlorine generator and ensure that it is kept extra clean to work efficiently.
- Clean the pool filter by ensuring components such as cartridge pool filter.
Some of the regular shipping container pool maintenance that you should carry out include:
- In cleaning the swimming pool floor, utilize pool vacuum and tile cleaners.
- Shock the pool by adding the amount of product recommended by pool technicians.
- Use algae preventers in preventing the growth of algae.
In short, there are many factors you should consider when choosing shipping container swimming pool.
The best part, this guide has all information you need.
However, in case you’re importing shipping container swimming pool from China, BanSar team is always here to help.
Contact us now for all your freight forwarding services from China.